News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Amusing church signs.

Started by lafilip, May 10, 2007, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lafilip

In every town there is at least one church with a sign that has a rather comical saying.  I will try to post a picture, but for now:

"STOP. DROP & ROLL DOES NOT WORK IN HELL."

Any one else?

joeactor

For me, the most clever, overused one is:

No God, No Peace.
Know God, Know Peace.

It's wrong, but at least it's clever...

donkeyhoty

Not really a church sign, but the billboards with God quotes are pretty funny.  i.e.  How about we meet up at my place before the game? - God.

I'm sure I completely butchered the syntax of that one, but I'll post some more after I fry up some tasty animal flesh for nourishment.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

donkeyhoty

Yep, I did butcher that one, and here's a link to probably all of them, http://www.my-tgif.com/gods_billboards.htm

My favorite:  Big bang theory, you've got to be kidding.  -God.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

tacoma_kyle

I saw a bumper sticker that said 'My boss is a JEWISH carpenter.' I never really got it.

But yeah there was a church I always drove by for a few years and they would write somethin new ever week on each side. Nothin came to mind, but there was some rpetty lame ones.

Humor no the big bang as well:

Scientists estimate the amount of energy in the big-bang to be the equivalent of 1 CNRHK (Chuch Norris Round House Kick). haha I love that one.
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

SteveS

The last one I remember seeing was "God gave not lent his son to the world".  This was up during lent.  I found it annoying.

brainshmain

SteveS

:lol:  :lol:

Awesome!

Tom62

The text on that last picture reminded me of something I did to my wife last night  :wink: .
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

lafilip

"DON'T LET WORRIES KILL YOU LET THE CHURCH HELP."

Even if I did go to church I would stay away from this one! :wink:

SteveS

Quote from: "SteveS"The text on that last picture reminded me of something I did to my wife last night
:shock:  :oops:

:lol:

Scrybe

I can't even imagine being brash enough to write something down and sign God's name after it.  What idiots.
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes