Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Where did "god" come from?

Started by none123, July 03, 2010, 06:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "EaglesFanPhila"According to theist, God was "always."
And that illness was caused by daemons.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

What an awful existence that must be. An existence that would make even the best of the best go crazy.

No wonder he fucked up when he made us.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

Quote from: "Gawen"
What an awful existence that must be. An existence that would make even the best of the best go crazy.

Given he waited 13.5 billion years we must obviously have been created to dispel the boredom, we are therefore the daytime TV of his creation  :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Gawen"

Given he waited 13.5 billion years we must obviously have been created to dispel the boredom, we are therefore the daytime TV of his creation  :(
Same ol' plot lines for 6000/30,000 (depending on ones pov) years too. We are God's Coronation Street.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

tymygy

Think of it like this.

When people find things they do not understand something new they've witnessed there is almost an automatic sense that it must be supernatural or god .

before people knew what lightning was, it was Zues. Before people understood how the waves were createdor why tsunamis formed, it was Poseidon. Today people don't understand what happens after death, therefore we have stories that tell wild tales of eternal lives, good or bad.

The day may never come to completely understanding what happens after life, but I believe (and know in my mind) that after this life, there is no life.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Asmodean

"He" seems to have created always too, in addition to fathering himself, having himself killed, giving himself CPR and now he also holds a grudge of cosmic proportions even though he said he wouldn't... A versatile guy, that...

As to where gods came from..? They are like stinking bubbles rising from the bog og ignorance, really. Born of the Vast Unknown in an attempt to shrink its vastness a little... A task at which they all ultimately fail.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

PoopShoot

In Soviet Russia, god create theists.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Asmodean

Quote from: "PoopShoot"In Soviet Russia, god create theists.
In Soviet Russia, god got deported to Siberia. It's cold and miserable in Siberia. A fitting place for gods.  :pop:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

tymygy

Quote from: "Asmodean"
"He" seems to have created always too, in addition to fathering himself, having himself killed, giving himself CPR and now he also holds a grudge of cosmic proportions even though he said he wouldn't... A versatile guy, that...

As to where gods came from..? They are like stinking bubbles rising from the bog og ignorance, really. Born of the Vast Unknown in an attempt to shrink its vastness a little... A task at which they all ultimately fail.

Personally the thing that bothers me about god being around for eternity is, if god always existed why did he wait for an eternity to create us?

Think about it, What the f*ck did he say?...

"Yo Micheal, I got the best idea, I've been sitting on this one for eternity; wanna make some weaker me's? we can do some funny sh*t like put my son in a 13 year old's uterus, tell my "followers" to kill their son on top of a mountain and at the last second be all 'yoo what are you doinggg', and kill innocent children cause they yelled at their mommy and daddy."
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Asmodean

Quote from: "tymygy""Yo Micheal, I got the best idea, I've been sitting on this one for eternity; wanna make some weaker me's? we can do some funny sh*t like put my son in a 13 year old's uterus, tell my "followers" to kill their son on top of a mountain and at the last second be all 'yoo what are you doinggg', and kill innocent children cause they yelled at their mommy and daddy."
Yup. That pretty much sums it up right there  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

I think god was the creation of some unbalanced mind.

QuoteResearchers have found stronger evidence for a link between a parasite in cat faeces and undercooked meat and an increased risk of schizophrenia.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 082853.htm

I like the thought that god came from cat faeces.