News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 27, 2020, 04:20:52 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 27, 2020, 01:36:17 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 26, 2020, 06:55:21 PM
My puppy Joy got her first shots today! ;D

Good!  Too bad we can't give the lollipops afterwards.

;D Heh, I gave her a new leather bone for being such a good girl. When we came home she gave me a present as well -- loads of newspaper shreds on the floor for me to clean up. ::)

How is she doing with the distemper?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 27, 2020, 05:34:36 PM

;D Heh, I gave her a new leather bone for being such a good girl. When we came home she gave me a present as well -- loads of newspaper shreds on the floor for me to clean up. ::)

The last blood test results came back and they were good, so the vet decided vaccinating her will help to suppress the disease, so that's what we did.  ;D She's been on several antibiotics this past month and a half so that keep secondary infections in her tummy from getting worse. It's been under control so far.  ;D

The vet's optimistic that she will get through this without serious effects, so I am too. :grin: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Good news on the distemper issue! :smilenod:

We learned to close the bathroom doors when we left the house, especially if it was for dinner, Our little dogs would drag toilet paper all over the house.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 27, 2020, 05:41:50 PM
The vet's optimistic that she will get through this without serious effects, so I am too. :grin:

That is good the hear. I hope the vet is right.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 27, 2020, 06:02:50 PM
Good news on the distemper issue! :smilenod:

We learned to close the bathroom doors when we left the house, especially if it was for dinner, Our little dogs would drag toilet paper all over the house.

Heheh!  ;D

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 27, 2020, 06:03:03 PM

That is good the hear. I hope the vet is right.

*fingers crossed* :)

Randy

Joy has greatly improved. Is she out of the woods yet?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on December 28, 2020, 12:59:36 AM
Joy has greatly improved. Is she out of the woods yet?

Not quite, unfortunately, but almost.

Sandra Craft

:snicker:  That is so puppy, I love it!  Good news on the distemper too, fingers tightly crossed for her.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 28, 2020, 10:19:05 PM

:snicker:  That is so puppy, I love it!  Good news on the distemper too, fingers tightly crossed for her.

:snicker: And like any good puppy she's able to quickly dispel feelings of anger in her humans.  ;D

Anne D.

With those puppy dog eyes, you can't be mad. What a sweetie.

billy rubin

the difference between cats and dogs is that when dogs are destructive, they're cute.

but when cats are destructive, they're satanic and you want to drive stakes thrugh their hearts

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Anne D. on December 29, 2020, 02:37:19 AM
With those puppy dog eyes, you can't be mad. What a sweetie.

Agreed.  ;D

Quote from: billy rubin on December 29, 2020, 06:17:21 PM
the difference between cats and dogs is that when dogs are destructive, they're cute.

but when cats are destructive, they're satanic and you want to drive stakes thrugh their hearts

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on December 29, 2020, 06:17:21 PM

:rofl: Well said!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Davin

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 27, 2020, 05:34:36 PM

The last blood test results came back and they were good, so the vet decided vaccinating her will help to suppress the disease, so that's what we did.  ;D She's been on several antibiotics this past month and a half so that keep secondary infections in her tummy from getting worse. It's been under control so far.  ;D

Very good news  :D
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.