News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Billy has anyone told you that you are a strange one? ;)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on August 27, 2020, 04:01:16 PM
whats wrong with bats? i mean, aside from rabies?

i love bats.

i have plans for a bathouse that will hold 300 pounds of them. i need two more telephone poles to get started

Nothing wrong with bats, they are interesting animals...they just don't belong inside my room or in my roof.  :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

I agree with billy rubin that bats are cool, though I also agree that they don't belong indoors with people. I've long enjoyed watching them in the twilight, when you can still see them intermittently if you're looking for them.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

batz are fascinating. they have i credible life spans, they fly impossible diztancez. they have unique life historiez

where i live we have lasiurus borealis, a small red and black bat that looks like a tiny red fox with wings. and then there are pipistrelles that are so small you wonder how tbey work.

i remember watching spellbound at bats feeding in the light from street lampz when i was maybe seven yearz old.

300-somethingpoundsof bats is around 30 000. thebathousehas to bearound ten feet in all dimensions

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

Barbarian infidel:
.......they don't belong indoors with people.

People don't belong indoors with people.

Icarus

Bats have a vital influence on our ecology.  There are bunch of different strains of the little fleidermice but each of them contributes in their own way to keep the world at least semi balanced.  They are fascinating little creatures.

No, I do not want bats in my belfrey but I would consider building a bat house for my back yard.

No one

Recusant

Quote from: No one on August 29, 2020, 01:45:30 AM
Barbarian infidel:

Yeah, I've enjoyed living on my own, when I could. Playing house can be pleasant too though, with the right partner.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

Quote from: Recusant on August 29, 2020, 05:28:30 AM
Quote from: No one on August 29, 2020, 01:45:30 AM
Barbarian infidel:

Yeah, I've enjoyed living on my own, when I could. Playing house can be pleasant too though, with the right partner.  :)
I have too after my second marriage went bust and an engagement I called off and she moved out. But now I need help and can no longer live alone. I do miss it.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

IMO living alone is fine when you've got plenty of distractions and/or a very active social life. If not then things can get lonely.

But yeah, there are some perks to not having to divide your space with another person. ;D Like not having to hide your toothbrush, for instance. ::)   

No one

It's not about living alone, it's about humans being so willfully awful to one another.

Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but, I hate people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on August 30, 2020, 09:27:38 PM
It's not about living alone, it's about humans being so willfully awful to one another.

I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it once or twice.  ;D

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 30, 2020, 09:38:03 PM

Once or twice? I think you are being frugal.  :blue smiley:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on August 31, 2020, 12:18:30 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 30, 2020, 09:38:03 PM

Once or twice? I think you are being frugal.  :blue smiley:

Maybe a little. :grin:

No one

So, you're saying there's a chance?