Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on June 16, 2020, 12:24:36 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 15, 2020, 09:43:26 PM
My cousin's baby was born today. The baby and I share the same name, and that isn't a coincidence. :grin:

Congratulations, once removed!  :)

Thanks!  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on June 16, 2020, 01:07:14 AM
Sounds like she loves you lotz.

:suspicious: I see what you did there...

:P

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on June 15, 2020, 10:53:16 PM
But does she have your eyes?

Heh, that remains to be seen.  ;D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 16, 2020, 02:05:30 AM

:rofl:

When you go to visit, say to her, "Goo-goo", and then, sotto voce, "Googly eyes".  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on June 16, 2020, 02:07:22 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 16, 2020, 02:05:30 AM

:rofl:

When you go to visit, say to her, "Goo-goo", and then, sotto voce, "Googly eyes".  ;D

Good! Good...

*taking notes*  :notes:

One must induct new babies into the cult of the googly eyes!  :grin:

Magdalena

My cousin's baby was born today. The baby and I share the same name, and that isn't a coincidence. :grin:
Awwwww. A baby in the family! Congratulations. A little Fernandita.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on June 16, 2020, 04:20:23 AM
Awwwww. A baby in the family! Congratulations. A little Fernandita.  :tellmemore:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Randy

I made a new friend. Her name is Crystal. I met her on Quora where I post a lot of stuff.

Anyway, she has the same type of cancer I have and was diagnosed three years ago. It's nice to be able to share information although I wish circumstances were different. She lives alone although she's not sure how much longer she can do it. She's got a palliative care team too and she's going to ask them. Their job is to make the patient comfortable.

At last I have someone to talk to who understands from a first hand point of view what I'm going through and vice-versa.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

Your new acquaintance is surely good for both of you.  Crystal will understand the curse and its implications far better than any of the rest of us.  Hang in there Randy........... and Crystal too.

Randy

I've already learned a few things from her. I'm going to do some research first but according to her, having an HPV positive HNSCC was supposed to be easily curable and not likely to spread. I've just had some bad luck although I don't believe in luck but I can't think of any word to describe it.

I'm about to turn in for the night but I'm going to research this. I've done research in the past for this type of cancer but I don't recall anything about the above. In her case, hers is HPV negative and it hasn't spread but just keeps growing despite the surgeries, radiation, and chemo. I never had surgery for it, too risky.

Anyway, she is suffering kind of like I am, more so with the chemo and radiation (past) than with the cancer itself. I think it helps her too to talk to me.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on June 18, 2020, 12:54:08 AM
I made a new friend. Her name is Crystal. I met her on Quora where I post a lot of stuff.

Anyway, she has the same type of cancer I have and was diagnosed three years ago. It's nice to be able to share information although I wish circumstances were different. She lives alone although she's not sure how much longer she can do it. She's got a palliative care team too and she's going to ask them. Their job is to make the patient comfortable.

At last I have someone to talk to who understands from a first hand point of view what I'm going through and vice-versa.
This is good news, Randy. I'm happy for you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

She's actually got it worse than me medically. She was born with a deficiency of the immune system. Her cancer isn't quite as advanced as mine but she won't be walking away from it either. I complain about ending up in the hospital about every three months and she goes more frequently. Just when you think you have it bad, you find someone who has it worse.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on June 18, 2020, 02:01:16 PM
Just when you think you have it bad, you find someone who has it worse.

So true.  :sadnod: