News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on May 26, 2020, 09:10:47 PM
:frolic:   :welcomeback:

Thanks! :grin:

It seems there was a lot going on, I'll have to take some time off to catch up! :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 26, 2020, 02:55:41 PM
*Obnoxiously loud breath inhalation of free HAFian air*

It's good to be back!

(I hope I still know how to speak English, heh. :P If I don't, please bear with me. Sometimes languages interact in unpredictable ways in my head.  ;D)
xSilverPhinx, you're back...

Can't stay away from us for too long, can you?
~That is good.
:grin:

:hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Mags! :hug:

QuoteCan't stay away from us for too long, can you?

I won't try to hide that fact. :grin:

Randy

It's good to be back!

(I hope I still know how to speak English, heh. :P If I don't, please bear with me. Sometimes languages interact in unpredictable ways in my head.  ;D)

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand you. Could you speak English please?

:run!:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on May 26, 2020, 09:59:00 PM

It's good to be back!

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand you. Could you speak English please?

:run!:

:lol: Oh dear, looks like I need to interact with you guys a lot more!  ;D

:sad sigh: Don't use it, lose it.

Dark Lightning

Just finished demolishing a brick mailbox and 50 square feet of brick work on the parkway, to complete the landscaping we started two years ago. The wife finally decided what she wanted for a mailbox. Decisions, decisions! I swung an 8 pound maul and used a 5 foot pry bar; the son used a jackhammer. Man, I am too old for this. I'm already hurting. Sad to say, we need to rent a dumpster to load it into. That's going to be kettle-bell like work and shovels for about 2 hours. :o  Once that's hauled off, we'll do some decorative work to finish it off.

Randy

I guess that's a reason to be cheerful. I think I would have hired some workers to do it for me. Still, you are getting things accomplished.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Randy on May 27, 2020, 03:24:59 AM
I guess that's a reason to be cheerful. I think I would have hired some workers to do it for me. Still, you are getting things accomplished.

Indeed, :smilenod: I should have hired it done. I'm 67 YO(!) and getting tired of this kind of work. We tore out and built a new wall in the front 2 years ago. I was wearing a back brace for weeks after that. It's not like I don't have the money a little job like this, but I'm trying to keep up with my 34 year old son. He was pretty beat, too, when we were done.  :thumbsup:

Icarus

XSP while you were absent I worried about you. That's on account of the rampant virus that is reported to have seized Brazil.

Please take care. We need you!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on May 27, 2020, 06:46:42 AM
XSP while you were absent I worried about you. That's on account of the rampant virus that is reported to have seized Brazil.

Please take care. We need you!

Yes, the while the virus is out of control we're going through a serious political crisis in Brazil that just makes matters worse. Not only are thousands of lives under constant threat with the relaxed social isolation policies but democracy is as well.  :(

But don't worry about me, Icarus. :hug: I am taking every precaution possible. I haven't left the house in...how long ago was it? :notsure: Two weeks? I don't know anymore, time has lost all meaning.   

Dark Lightning

After all that sledgehammer work, I feel OK! I expected to feel like I'd been dragged through a knot hole from all that exertion. I guess the supplements I'm taking really do help.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

billy rubin

maybe i should try that. i cant make my body work at the end of the day without feeling like somebody has been beating me with a stick.

or the beginniong either

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

Chuckling memory pockets.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 27, 2020, 08:16:19 PM
After all that sledgehammer work, I feel OK! I expected to feel like I'd been dragged through a knot hole from all that exertion. I guess the supplements I'm taking really do help.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Plus CH3CH2OH?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Hang in there Fernanda. you are plenty smart enough to avoid unnecessary exposure. Meanwhile you can work on your thesis or other things that are important to your eventual destiny. Do it.