News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

I'll be spacing it off the wall a bit to catch their toes. If that doesn't work (it probably won't), I'll cut some of the wires and bend the ends up so that it is then pointy all over.

billy rubin

perhaps an electric fence?

i have had good luck with those under other circumstances.

set the function, not the mechanism.

jumbojak

Quote from: billy rubin on November 20, 2019, 09:16:02 PM
perhaps an electric fence?

i have had good luck with those under other circumstances.

If you can find an Energizer cheaply enough this is a good plan.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

I did consider an electric fence. I have video cameras around the front of the house, which primarily are for deterring the one neighbor from vandalism. I can see them climbing the wall from one camera. It would be amusing to watch it crawl up the wall and then get a jolt.  :shocked:

Bad Penny II

Scene: heat cracked window:

You can't fix that window, call a man to do it

I can fix that, I just drill out those four rivets
I did have to do some convincen with a chisel

The pane was released and took to glass man
$90 instead of $180 if we had made him come
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 21, 2019, 01:16:56 PM

Excellent. Saving $90 super. Doing what your wife said you couldn't, priceless!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 21, 2019, 04:31:17 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 21, 2019, 01:16:56 PM

Excellent. Saving $90 super. Doing what your wife said you couldn't, priceless!!!

:grin:

Heh, I guess perspective is important here. There are many possibilities to consider, such as, in a way, she caused BPII to fix the window himself and save money...

:whistling:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I'll hopefully be starting dance lessons soon. There's a studio with an introductory three private lesson scheme to get you in the door. Can't be afraid to suck at something new.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

the family is off to the canadian border for thanksgiving, leaving me to feed the cats, dogs, fish, goats, donkey, and possums.

so now i can clean the kitchen without listening to how i'm doing it wrong. throw out all the moldy food in the ice box without offending anybody. sweep the floor until it's sort of clean.

and cook some butter-fried mushrooms with green onions and dandelion greens, lemon squeezing on top.

maybe i'll do some brown rice tomorrow. still have a lot of greens to go through. nobody eats greens but me.

shit fire this is good

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

dandelion greens are the best

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on November 27, 2019, 09:34:02 PM
I'll hopefully be starting dance lessons soon. There's a studio with an introductory three private lesson scheme to get you in the door. Can't be afraid to suck at something new.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on November 28, 2019, 12:28:03 AM
dandelion greens are the best
I've never had that, but some butter-fried mushrooms with green onions, wow! I could eat that every day.  :yum: :let'seat:

Dark Lightning

We usually dice up some fresh garlic cloves in the sauteed mushrooms, but I can imagine what the green onions would be like in there- tasty! As for dandelion greens, I'd have to find some that haven't potentially been hydrated with something other than water. Dogs all over the neighborhood!

billy rubin

i can buy them by the bunch in the local grocery store

all the wild stuff is dormant right now