News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on March 25, 2018, 03:21:11 AM
We made it home in one piece! I didn't get many pictures, but I'll get more tomorrow. This is such a great car to drive. I thought Charlie was zippy, but Jezza is a speed demon haha.

Such a cute car!  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2018, 04:51:51 PM
Quote from: Buddy on March 25, 2018, 03:21:11 AM
We made it home in one piece! I didn't get many pictures, but I'll get more tomorrow. This is such a great car to drive. I thought Charlie was zippy, but Jezza is a speed demon haha.

Such a cute car!  8)

Yeah, nice one Buddy! I can just remember when I could get into and out of such cars without the aid of some sort of handle or prop!

Actually, though a bit lower, the Mini Cooper Countryman that was in front of me the other day sermed bigger than my shopping trolley Toyota Aygo. My old Mini van, veteran of many trips to the bumpy bits of Wales (where it also served as cosy living accomodation for two) was much smaller than these modern ones!

Ah, them was the days, sliding windows, pull wire to open the door, only three people needed to bump it side ways into and out of tight parking places - oh what fun! I even knew what all the bits under the hood were then, and could fix most of them without the aid of special tools or a computer.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Buddy

I get what you mean Dave. There's a lot of technology added in the 14 years between my last MINI and this one. The new one doesn't even have a dipstick because everything is monitored electronically by the car's computer
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

No dipstick? And I thought needing a scan tool to change a bmw battery was bad. I wouldn't like that at all.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on March 25, 2018, 05:30:48 PM
I get what you mean Dave. There's a lot of technology added in the 14 years between my last MINI and this one. The new one doesn't even have a dipstick because everything is monitored electronically by the car's computer

Shudder!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Guardian85

Gotta admit it. Looks like a fun car.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

It is ridiculously fun to drive. I spent all day driving on various roads from highway to back roads. I thought sport mode was going to be a gimmick but holy crap does it go hard. Plus when the weather is cold it does this:

You lot will get a kick out of this too. I had an officer over to inspect the VIN since I bought the car in another state. My mom just happened to be with me since we had just gotten lunch. The officer looks at me, then my mom and says, "That's quite a nice car for someone's first car." Dude thought I was 16 and my mom bought it for me lmao.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on March 26, 2018, 12:39:40 AM
It is ridiculously fun to drive. I spent all day driving on various roads from highway to back roads. I thought sport mode was going to be a gimmick but holy crap does it go hard. Plus when the weather is cold it does this:

You lot will get a kick out of this too. I had an officer over to inspect the VIN since I bought the car in another state. My mom just happened to be with me since we had just gotten lunch. The officer looks at me, then my mom and says, "That's quite a nice car for someone's first car." Dude thought I was 16 and my mom bought it for me lmao.

:lol: Adorable!

xSilverPhinx

I'm cheerful because Friday's a holiday but then I remember that today's only Tuesday and feel a little grumpy. :sad sigh:

Biggus Dickus

Nice wheels Buddy, congrats! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Harmonie

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 28, 2018, 02:05:39 AM
I'm cheerful because Friday's a holiday but then I remember that today's only Tuesday and feel a little grumpy. :sad sigh:

Friday's a holiday? You mean Good Friday? Even living in one of the most Christian states, I've never gotten the day off.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Harmonie on March 28, 2018, 10:55:50 PM

Friday's a holiday? You mean Good Friday? Even living in one of the most Christian states, I've never gotten the day off.

Yes, in southern Brazil everything's an excuse to celebrate or get the day off.  ;D

Dragonia

Buddy, that is one fabulous looking car! I love the colors. And after hearing you talk about how nimble and quick it is, I want to test drive one... not to buy it, just to feel it for a bit!
Have fun and like dad Tank said, be safe too!  :maracas:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Harmonie on March 28, 2018, 10:55:50 PM

I actually have Friday and Monday off, so nice four day weekend...Automotive Industry takes it Zombie Holidays seriously. Even our customers in Canada. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."