Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

^
^
^
^
Good news, Silver, some one recognises your true worth!  :heyhey:

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on August 31, 2017, 07:32:15 PM
^^^
:hug:
I'm so happy for you, xSilverPhinx.

Me too xSP, in fact I'm so happy I got your name tattooed on my arm! 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Thanks guys, I'm really happy about the possibility. :grin: Now I just have to pass the selection process early next year. :grin: I don't feel ready but I believe I can do it.

:lol: Father Bruno.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

My cousin just finished a master project too. Graduated from junior to master baiter.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 31, 2017, 07:13:45 PM
I just got off the phone with my advisor, who was discussing my Master's project with me. There's a good chance I'll be working in a hospital memory lab with human subjects!  :jumps: :badger:

That is fantastic and fascinating.  All fingers crossed for you.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 31, 2017, 11:49:25 PM
That is fantastic and fascinating.  All fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Books!  ;D

Arturo

That's awesome Fernanda! I'm also taking part in a study, but as a subject. Testing to see how brainhq will affect people with psychosis. And I'm getting paid.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

That's great, Arturo! Brainhq as in brain exercises? Sounds very interesting! :smilenod:

I would be very interested to read how it goes :grin:

Dragonia

Quote from: No one on August 31, 2017, 10:39:06 PM
My cousin just finished a master project too. Graduated from junior to master baiter.
How very excited she must be  :evilgrin:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dragonia

I just got off the phone with my advisor, who was discussing my Master's project with me. There's a good chance I'll be working in a hospital memory lab with human subjects!  :jumps: :badger:

I have a lot to catch up on though. :studious: It involves EEG and skin conductance tests, nonsense words, memory interference lists (they give the subjects a list to memorise and later add association words during the test session to see if subjects remember words that were not on the original list), possibly fMRI scans, etc...

I'm psyched! :grin:
This sounds fascinating!  I would love to be part of a study like this, especially since my mom and her mom have had Alzheimers disease. I'm all about being a test subject  :bigspecs:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on September 01, 2017, 03:44:26 AM

I have a lot to catch up on though. :studious: It involves EEG and skin conductance tests, nonsense words, memory interference lists (they give the subjects a list to memorise and later add association words during the test session to see if subjects remember words that were not on the original list), possibly fMRI scans, etc...

I'm psyched! :grin:
This sounds fascinating!  I would love to be part of a study like this, especially since my mom and her mom have had Alzheimers disease. I'm all about being a test subject  :bigspecs:

Alzheimer's runs in my family as well, both sides. There's still a lot to be discovered before more effective treatments can target exactly what goes wrong. :notsure: For instance, it's still unclear whether memories are truly lost or simply inaccessible in this terrible condition. 

Dragonia

I sometimes wonder if the memories are just hiding, and somehow inaccessible. Because my mom will have good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours. Always on the same trajectory, but fluctuations within her weeks. I would like to think I'm still somewhere in her deep memories.  :'(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on September 01, 2017, 03:58:46 AM
I sometimes wonder if the memories are just hiding, and somehow inaccessible. Because my mom will have good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours. Always on the same trajectory, but fluctuations within her weeks. I would like to think I'm still somewhere in her deep memories.  :'(

It's more likely that you are in her older memories, as those tend to be more preserved as the structure which forms recent memories is one of the first to malfunction in Alzheimer's. Maybe she remembers you as you were when you were younger.

Dragonia

Well, no memories of me or my sister at this point. If asked, she says she remembers having daughters,  but I think my mom is a good faker, and she plays along sometimes, which makes it even more difficult to discern what's in there.....shes a tricky one, that mama of mine....

Arturo

Quote from: Dragonia on September 01, 2017, 11:39:41 AM
Well, no memories of me or my sister at this point. If asked, she says she remembers having daughters,  but I think my mom is a good faker, and she plays along sometimes, which makes it even more difficult to discern what's in there.....shes a tricky one, that mama of mine....

That's cute but sad
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱