News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Nervous Nellie for the impact gun.   ....Or     bif bam thank you maam

jumbojak

I kinda like Nellie.... Massage Queen is good too though... maybe Nellie, the Massage Queen? That might work. Name and a title. :)

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

What about Steely Dan?

(Apologies to William Burroughs.)
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I'm getting the weekend off after a full month of having to work both weekend days.  :whew:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 10, 2017, 12:40:12 AM
I'm getting the weekend off after a full month of having to work both weekend days.  :whew:

Hurrah!  What was the rush on about?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

That must be a great relief!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 11, 2017, 06:24:00 AM

Hurrah!  What was the rush on about?

The person responsible for the experiment basically fought with everybody so nobody wants to help her, which leaves a lot more for me to do.  :eyeroll: 

Had to put up with her bad-mouthing everyone, and couldn't help wondering if she also bad-mouths me as well when I'm not around. Good thing she's moved to Hungary, though that means that I am responsible for remaining experiments until we publish our results.  :desert:

Quote from: Tank on June 11, 2017, 08:21:08 AM
That must be a great relief!

Yes, I caught up on lost sleep and more! :grin:

xSilverPhinx

It's a holiday tomorrow! :party:

I have big plans for tomorrow, you hear? Big plans!

:offtobed: :count sheep:

No one

ST. Nocturnus Sleepalldayus day?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on June 15, 2017, 12:40:46 AM
ST. Nocturnus Sleepalldayus day?

I believe that's the name, if it isn't then it should be.

Guardian85

I'm going whith the marching band to a Band Meet in a town called Melbu.
Probaly not going to be very exciting for me, but the younger members will probably enjoy it.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

My dad and I are currently bonding over the Clash. My dad was at some BBQ competition that had a Clash tribute band called the Nuns of Brixton who perform in nun habits. He was transfixed and is now totally into the Clash. I already loved the Clash, but I can totally relate to how seeing it performed in nun costumes would make it that much more appealing. My dad is a 56 year old Conservative Christian, but I honestly think he's a product of the time and culture in which he was raised, and doesn't now want to make changes to himself that would freak out my mom, because he actually has this really irreverent sense of humor that I adore. Anyway, obsessing over the Clash and good names for nun bands (Bad Habits!!!) with my dad is really making my day.

xSilverPhinx

Not only do I get the weekend off but I got someone to cover for me today and I get Monday off as well! :grin::grin::grin: 

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 23, 2017, 03:25:19 PM
Not only do I get the weekend off but I got someone to cover for me today and I get Monday off as well! :grin::grin::grin:

Wow! Loads if zzzzzzzzz time!

Oh, you forgot one of these  :grin: for Monday.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on June 23, 2017, 04:19:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 23, 2017, 03:25:19 PM

Wow! Loads if zzzzzzzzz time!

Oh, you forgot one of these  :grin: for Monday.

Yes, I can hardly believe it myself!

Monday doesn't get a :grin: because it's the day before Tuesday, which would be the start of my week. It would feel like Sunday does normally. :notsure: