News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I survived 200 layoffs at my company.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 01, 2017, 09:08:04 PM
Wow!!! Does that mean you now have to do the work of 200 people? Or will it only feel like that?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Phew!    :whew:
How many in the company?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

I survived a couple layoffs in the last ten years, certainly nothing close to the size of yours (200 people), but it's a strange process to endure.
I mean on one hand you feel relieved to realize you were able to retain your position, but on the other you feel so bad for your former co-workers.

Mix bag of feelings indeed.

I do need to ask, were they all lawyers like yourself?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Velma

Wow! I hope your bosses realize that productivity for those remaining will probably take a nose-dive for quite some time to come.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Well, the surgeon has decided to put me forward for treatment for the early-cataract situation in my eyes - right eye first. He would rather wait fir a while before seriously thinking about the "crinkling" over the macula, treatable but more serious surgery involving greater risks.

I am happy with my reaction speed, hand-eye coodination, spacial/time/velocity awareness, proprioception, hearing, situation anslysis etc - it is just my eye sight that takes the sharp edge off my driving confidence. Even a small improvement in clarity, if achieved, will go a fair way.

At the moment I still just pass the eyesight guidlines for driving in the eye test.

Guardian85

Going to Tromsø tomorrow to see Gabriel Iglesias. Pretty excited about that.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Gloucester on June 01, 2017, 09:17:26 PM

Phew!    :whew:
How many in the company?

Thousands.  But they were looking at only certain sectors.

jumbojak

Got a new impact gun today. It is awesome. We've had a disc harrow that sat for years with two bad wheels. Tried remoting the lugs with a breaker bar some time ago with no luck. Just headed over and popped them off in about half a second each.

So in addition the the impact you could say we got a new to us disc harrow out of the deal!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on June 07, 2017, 10:21:34 PM
Got a new impact gun today. It is awesome. We've had a disc harrow that sat for years with two bad wheels. Tried remoting the lugs with a breaker bar some time ago with no luck. Just headed over and popped them off in about half a second each.

So in addition the the impact you could say we got a new to us disc harrow out of the deal!

Is it air compressed?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Cordless electric. Big, bad, Milwaukee. I've wanted one for a long time but the price was finally right. It's a bit on the heavy side and won't fit in tight places but one the farm, I think she'll be the new queen. Need a name though.... something dainty perhaps...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on June 07, 2017, 10:46:09 PM
Cordless electric. Big, bad, Milwaukee. I've wanted one for a long time but the price was finally right. It's a bit on the heavy side and won't fit in tight places but one the farm, I think she'll be the new queen. Need a name though.... something dainty perhaps...

The massage queen.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱