News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on May 08, 2017, 05:03:39 PM
Kennedy Space Center!

All those buttons and switches! :whirly:

What do they all do, I wonder?  :shifty:

Probably nothing as I'm guessing that is most likely a simulator?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

That one was just a scale model of the cockpit, the simulators were downstairs from that.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on May 09, 2017, 02:41:12 PM
That one was just a scale model of the cockpit, the simulators were downstairs from that.

That's really cool,...the expression on your face is one of calm expectation. As if you were piloting the craft, and it was about to crash or Kevin Bacon just stirred the oxygen tanks ;D

I like the video a lot, always wanted to observe an actual rocket launch, have to put that on my bucket list.  8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 09, 2017, 03:13:00 PM
Quote from: Davin on May 09, 2017, 02:41:12 PM

That's really cool,...the expression on your face is one of calm expectation. As if you were piloting the craft, and it was about to crash or Kevin Bacon just stirred the oxygen tanks ;D

I like the video a lot, always wanted to observe an actual rocket launch, have to put that on my bucket list.  8)
The SLS is planned to start testing this year and should be launching this or next year. That will be the biggest rocket since the Saturn 5. And most of those parts are designed to be recyclable. It could reduce the cost of entering space by more than three quarters. I really want to see the SLS go up.

Edit: Added link to SLS news.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 07, 2017, 04:09:58 PM
I requested a temporary internship at a university hospital with state-of-the-art facilities and it wasn't denied!  :jumps:

The good word my supervisor put in for me helped a lot. :grin:

Congrats to you xSP, I think this deserves some music to celebrate with, even if it is a few days late!

Come Firecracker Magalenha, bring the firewood to the oven, come do handywork...

Magdalena

^^^
I love the drums and whistles!  :dance1:

:notsure: Wait, I thought I heard whistles...I listened to the song again and I didn't hear the whistles this time...maybe I need another brownie.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Why thank you Father Bruno. I think that song may have some potential, let's add some beats, shall we?

Or would that be the gravest of sins?:grin:

Icarus

Neither of those sound at all like the Sergio Mendes I once liked.  I think they were called Brazil 66 back in the day. Brazil 66 used a lot of horns and some woodwinds not so much percussion as the above vids.  If I remember correctly (not very likely,what with my rapidly ossifying brain) they had a female singer who was sensational. Her name was Astrud Gilberto ??

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on May 10, 2017, 01:18:59 AM
Neither of those sound at all like the Sergio Mendes I once liked.  I think they were called Brazil 66 back in the day. Brazil 66 used a lot of horns and some woodwinds not so much percussion as the above vids.  If I remember correctly (not very likely,what with my rapidly ossifying brain) they had a female singer who was sensational. Her name was Astrud Gilberto ??

I wish I knew, but as Father Bruno well knows, I avoid that type of music like the plague.  :P

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 10, 2017, 11:27:20 AM
Quote from: Icarus on May 10, 2017, 01:18:59 AM

I wish I knew, but as Father Bruno well knows, I avoid that type of music like the plague.  :P

::) ::) :folded: ::)

Hi Icarus, I've posted the music and singer "Astrud Gilberto" you are referencing here on our forum before, "Girl From Ipanema".

Classic stuff 8)

Velma

OMG! OMG! My husband found a signed, first edition of "Demon" by John Varley in a second-hand book store for $2. Yes, two dollars!

:dance: :heyhey: :frolic:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dragonia

Ooooh, Vela, that IS super cool!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tank

Quote from: Velma on May 11, 2017, 03:47:34 AM
OMG! OMG! My husband found a signed, first edition of "Demon" by John Varley in a second-hand book store for $2. Yes, two dollars!

Real value?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on May 11, 2017, 06:37:56 AM
Quote from: Velma on May 11, 2017, 03:47:34 AM

Real value?
No idea. I've not looked.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

One quick look, AbeBooks . . ....
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74