News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I requested a temporary internship at a university hospital with state-of-the-art facilities and it wasn't denied!  :jumps:

The good word my supervisor put in for me helped a lot. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 07, 2017, 04:09:58 PM
I requested a temporary internship at a university hospital with state-of-the-art facilities and it wasn't denied!  :jumps:

Yipee!

:dance:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Woot!!!!  :cheerful dance 2:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Excellent!  Will you be doing something specific?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 07, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

I don't know yet, I'm only going to go there for a couple of months so there isn't going to time to develop a project of my own, most likely I'll be helping out in an ongoing project. I sent an e-mail to the lab supervisor to try and work out when in our busy schedules I'll be going there to work out those details.

This is where  :frolic:

Icarus

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 07, 2017, 08:32:07 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 07, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

I don't know yet, I'm only going to go there for a couple of months so there isn't going to time to develop a project of my own, most likely I'll be helping out in an ongoing project. I sent an e-mail to the lab supervisor to try and work out when in our busy schedules I'll be going there to work out those details.

This is where  :frolic:

As you said, state of the art, all those loveley toys!

Well, with a recommendation and your brains you are certain to make a good impression, xSP! Every bit of experience and every new node in the academic/interpersonal network counts.
:heyhey:

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Yes, all those high tech, highly expensive and likely out-of-bounds toys! :lol:

I sure hope I do, Gloucester! :)

Magdalena

Awww, xSilverPhinx, I'm happy that you're happy.  :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Also, here is a video of the SpaceX launch that happened on 2017-05-01:

It also landed. They were very careful of the launch and wouldn't let people get too close. There was a beach that other launches were watched from that we wanted to go to, but they kept it closed until after the launch.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Icarus

My front yard is about 70 miles west of the cape. We can often see the missiles when they are launched. It is truly spectacular when there is a night launch. We never cease to be amazed and yes it is waaay cool.