News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Finally had my hearing on my workers' compensation case. I'll be getting a check for nearly $20,000. Workers' comp doesn't pay for pain and suffering, unlike say a settlement for a traffic accident, so that's not a bad amount. We can pay off our car, pay off most of our credit cards, get a new fridge and dishwasher, plus a few other things. All in all, a good ending to a saga that started back on October 20, 2015.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: Velma on May 02, 2017, 04:21:10 AM
Finally had my hearing on my workers' compensation case. I'll be getting a check for nearly $20,000. Workers' comp doesn't pay for pain and suffering, unlike say a settlement for a traffic accident, so that's not a bad amount. We can pay off our car, pay off most of our credit cards, get a new fridge and dishwasher, plus a few other things. All in all, a good ending to a saga that started back on October 20, 2015.

Oh, Velma, I'm very happy for you!  :hug:
Excellent news! :frolic:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Yes, excelent news indeed, Velma. There is a little justice in the world after all!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Wonderful!!  I don't know which is better -- getting the settlement or having it finally over.  In any case a celebratory dinner is in order.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

We did go out to eat at Olive Garden.

The doctor rated me as 15% disabled after recovery. If I hadn't healed up so well, I would have gotten more money. :lol:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

After working all week and weekend (including on labour day) I finally got an afternoon in which I can do nothing but catch up on my sleep.     :yawn: :offtobed: :count sheep:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 02, 2017, 08:10:02 PM
After working all week and weekend (including on labour day) I finally got an afternoon in which I can do nothing but catch up on my sleep.     :yawn: :offtobed: :count sheep:

Yay!  And extra points on the use of emojis.   :heyhey:
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 02, 2017, 08:56:11 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 02, 2017, 08:10:02 PM

Yay!  And extra points on the use of emojis.   :heyhey:

:grin:

I think I'll start round 2 now. :sidesmile:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

That's great news Velma!

I have a reason to be cheerful; my car, the mighty Günhilde, passed inspection yesterday. :}

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Happy for you Velma, and I'm sure it must be a relief to put this behind you finally.  ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

OldGit

Hooray for Günhilde and a big hooray for Velma!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2017, 10:21:16 PM
I have a reason to be cheerful; my car, the mighty Günhilde, passed inspection yesterday. :}
:sshocked: Would it be possible to see a pic of a car named Gunhilde?
Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 03, 2017, 11:41:15 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2017, 10:21:16 PM
:sshocked: Would it be possible to see a pic of a car named Gunhilde?
But it's not just a car named Gunhilde, this is the mighty Gunhilde.  :worried:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

I'll see what I can do...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz