News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Velma on February 25, 2017, 11:21:35 PM
I am actually feeling a bit better, despite the failure of the latest adjustment to the treatment of my autoimmune disease. There have been days when I've been off work and my husband didn't have to drag me out of the house. I am also sleeping a bit better. Hopefully these are signs that my depression is lifting.

The new medicine sounded good about 10 days ago. Sorry to hear that it was problematic, but thumbs up for the good things.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Velma

Quote from: Recusant on February 26, 2017, 05:04:11 AM
I am actually feeling a bit better, despite the failure of the latest adjustment to the treatment of my autoimmune disease. There have been days when I've been off work and my husband didn't have to drag me out of the house. I am also sleeping a bit better. Hopefully these are signs that my depression is lifting.

The new medicine sounded good about 10 days ago. Sorry to hear that it was problematic, but thumbs up for the good things.  :)
I was hopeful, but that is the way these things go. There are a slew of other drugs to try. I only need to get in touch with my doctor, which can be a pain given the inefficiency of the office staff.   :P
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Excellent news.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2017, 08:27:54 AM
Excellent news.
Happy for you Velma.

I get to spend the afternoon shopping with the wife, and wow...I can hardly contain myself, what fun we should have. Going into store after store after store after store,...and shoes, OMG! We we'll get to look at shoes, boots, more shoes, maybe some loafers; and then to top it off, purses, cuz' amirite dudes there is nothing like spending an hour or so just looking, browsing, and examining purses of all styles, like a clutch or handbag, or carry-over. I'm getting aroused now just thinking about it. I mean I'm hard solid, fucking blue steel.

All of this fun and excitement on my day off, what a lucky, cheerful extremely happy fucking guy I am right now, and do you know how I was able to set this up?

Listen closely this how you do it. I just happen to mention to the wife that I was going to run up to the store and by some new jeans as mine were getting old (Years and years old).

I played it off like, Oh I thought you were working today, but I'll probably only be gone an hour or so, because it should only take me 15 -20 minutes to choose the pair or two that I want, try them on and make the purchase, maybe 30-45 minutes tops in the store which would allow me to spend the rest of the afternoon doing other things around the house I need to do.

Ha, she said on let's go together, because I need to return a few items, and I want to by some new clothes for the trip we're taking in April, even though I should wait because I want to loose a few pounds before we go, but I can always exchange them later, and I got a coupon for the purse store, and I want to by some new shoes for work, and i just hate these new yoga pants I bought and want to get more, and garble, words, more words, garble, garble, garble, hey...are you listening to me, "Yo pendejo"....get ready, we'll go as soon as I get back from church.

We need a "Reasons to Be Fucked" thread...

P.s. My son is laughing at me right now, he came over to the couch, put his hand on my shoulder just after his mom left to go to church, and said, "I'm 21 years old and single...going to head over to my friends for a while, then we're headed out to shoot pool at the pub with some other guys. Have fun shopping with mom.

I have no idea were he gets his sarcasm, bastard. :'(

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Oh, the joys of marriage and parenthood.

And there was I bemoaning my loneliness, with a large glass of wine and some garlic sausage, wondering whether to go to the DIY store before or after having a pub lunch in town (possibly a Cajun chicken sandwhich at Cafe Rene) . . .

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Gloucester on February 26, 2017, 06:58:40 PM

And there was I bemoaning my loneliness, with a large glass of wine and some garlic sausage, wondering whether to go to the DIY store before or after having a pub lunch in town (possibly a Cajun chicken sandwhich at Cafe Rene) . . .

Hmmm, nice.  What alcohol pairing did you have with that?  Personally, I would have started with an amber ale before, a Cab during, a cognac after, and then a nap.  After the nap, an espresso. Then the DIY store.  Order is important.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 26, 2017, 07:30:39 PM

Hmmm, nice.  What alcohol pairing did you have with that?  Personally, I would have started with an amber ale before, a Cab during, a cognac after, and then a nap.  After the nap, an espresso. Then the DIY store.  Order is important.

Actually they usually have a specialty ale or beer, or bith, on offer. Maybe sacrilege but I have gone for coffee or chocolate beer sometimes. But a brew called Hobgoblin, from the Wychwood Brewery, is probably my favourite. Since I would be driving a half pint is my limit.

Oh, I would probably have gone into Geoff's 2nd hand bookshop first and invested up to a fiver on a book to look through whilst waiting for the lunch. Cafe Rene's motto is, "Slow food takes as long as it needs."
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 26, 2017, 06:00:56 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2017, 08:27:54 AM
Excellent news.
Happy for you Velma.

I get to spend the afternoon shopping with the wife, and wow...I can hardly contain myself, what fun we should have. Going into store after store after store after store,...and shoes, OMG! We we'll get to look at shoes, boots, more shoes, maybe some loafers; and then to top it off, purses, cuz' amirite dudes there is nothing like spending an hour or so just looking, browsing, and examining purses of all styles, like a clutch or handbag, or carry-over. I'm getting aroused now just thinking about it. I mean I'm hard solid, fucking blue steel.

All of this fun and excitement on my day off, what a lucky, cheerful extremely happy fucking guy I am right now, and do you know how I was able to set this up?

Listen closely this how you do it. I just happen to mention to the wife that I was going to run up to the store and by some new jeans as mine were getting old (Years and years old).

I played it off like, Oh I thought you were working today, but I'll probably only be gone an hour or so, because it should only take me 15 -20 minutes to choose the pair or two that I want, try them on and make the purchase, maybe 30-45 minutes tops in the store which would allow me to spend the rest of the afternoon doing other things around the house I need to do.

Ha, she said on let's go together, because I need to return a few items, and I want to by some new clothes for the trip we're taking in April, even though I should wait because I want to loose a few pounds before we go, but I can always exchange them later, and I got a coupon for the purse store, and I want to by some new shoes for work, and i just hate these new yoga pants I bought and want to get more, and garble, words, more words, garble, garble, garble, hey...are you listening to me, "Yo pendejo"....get ready, we'll go as soon as I get back from church.

We need a "Reasons to Be Fucked" thread...

P.s. My son is laughing at me right now, he came over to the couch, put his hand on my shoulder just after his mom left to go to church, and said, "I'm 21 years old and single...going to head over to my friends for a while, then we're headed out to shoot pool at the pub with some other guys. Have fun shopping with mom.

I have no idea were he gets his sarcasm, bastard. :'(

Sounds like she would have a blast shopping with my mother and grandmother -- when those two are out together it's a true campaign! Bring the tents, food and basic supplies!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Why would you agree to go shopping with your wife?  There is no rational justification for that.

Velma

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 26, 2017, 10:50:53 PM

Why would you agree to go shopping with your wife?  There is no rational justification for that.
I either go clothes and shoe shopping alone or with the understanding that my husband is free to do his own thing, like prowl the bookstore or chill out in the food court. The last time it happened, he dropped me off in front of a row of shops and he went to a nearby hardware store for a couple of things he needed. I generally can decide whether or not the store has anything I want within a few minutes, so it works out. However, if I feel the need for a marathon shopping session, I go alone. Marathon shopping sessions are a very rare event for me, the last one being a year or more ago.

Funny thing is, it is generally my husband who pushes me to shop. I am quite bad about waiting until I have one pair of shoes that is fit to wear or only two or three shirts that aren't worn out before I'll go and buy new ones.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dragonia

Quote from: Velma on February 27, 2017, 05:30:55 AM

I either go clothes and shoe shopping alone or with the understanding that my husband is free to do his own thing, like prowl the bookstore or chill out in the food court. The last time it happened, he dropped me off in front of a row of shops and he went to a nearby hardware store for a couple of things he needed. I generally can decide whether or not the store has anything I want within a few minutes, so it works out. However, if I feel the need for a marathon shopping session, I go alone. Marathon shopping sessions are a very rare event for me, the last one being a year or more ago.

Funny thing is, it is generally my husband who pushes me to shop. I am quite bad about waiting until I have one pair of shoes that is fit to wear or only two or three shirts that aren't worn out before I'll go and buy new ones.
Velma, I totally agree with you, I can't stand shopping, so when I HAVE to go, I prefer to go alone, so I can get in and get out quick. None of that "browsing" crap. My husband hates to shop too, so really, it's a wonder we even dress halfway decent. Decent enough to be generally socially acceptable.
And shopping for food? My 2nd least favorite chore. Again, get in, grab what's on my list,  and get out!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Biggus Dickus

Rub it why don't you, lonely my ass...hanging out at the pub, eating choice grub, drinking ales and stouts to your hearts content. C'mon  and go as you please...I ENVY YOU!

I'm usually skating on thin ice as it is, so it wasn't so much that I agreed to go, it was more of a life-saving decision I made (Moral preservation). Plus my wife has a very limited driving range that she is comfortable driving at, basically a five mile radius excluding all free-ways around the house.
This particular mall is way out-side that range, so she was keen to go. Anyway I made her buy me a nice dinner.

Quote from: Dragonia on February 27, 2017, 01:54:03 PM

Velma, I totally agree with you, I can't stand shopping, so when I HAVE to go, I prefer to go alone, so I can get in and get out quick. None of that "browsing" crap. My husband hates to shop too, so really, it's a wonder we even dress halfway decent. Decent enough to be generally socially acceptable.
And shopping for food? My 2nd least favorite chore. Again, get in, grab what's on my list,  and get out!

I hate any type of clothes shopping, or going out looking for household items such as furniture, lamps, etc...I have a few men's clothing stores I go to maybe once a year or so, and when I go to these I'm usually in and out fairly quickly, as I know what it is I want before setting foot inside the stores.

However, I can spend all day in a book, music or guitar shoppe...and I love going to the market to buy food, especially in warmer months when the farmer markets are open. I do most of our household food shopping...probably stop at the market 2-3 times each week. Love it.

But I despise spending time in a mall, horrible places, always feel like I'm loosing years off my life when I'm in these places.

Anyway we spent several hours yesterday shopping and looking at stuff, butt most importantly I scored some major brownie points, so in that regard it was almost worth all the misery.

Velma

Quote from: Dragonia on February 27, 2017, 01:54:03 PM

The only shopping I really like is done in a bookstore. :)

Guardian85

Have started packing for my trip to Turkey. Going to Oslo to link up with my friend from the US, and leaving for Turkey on Thursday.
Going to spend a week with a travel company going around south-western Turkey and Rhodes touring antiquity sites for a week, and then one week of pure Mediterranean vacation. Got this great deal through a magazine I'm subscribed to.

Really looking forward to a proper vacation, and a break from the snow and ice.   :hammock:
Pictures will be posted upon my return.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 28, 2017, 01:58:18 PM
Have started packing for my trip to Turkey. Going to Oslo to link up with my friend from the US, and leaving for Turkey on Thursday.
Going to spend a week with a travel company going around south-western Turkey and Rhodes touring antiquity sites for a week, and then one week of pure Mediterranean vacation. Got this great deal through a magazine I'm subscribed to.

Really looking forward to a proper vacation, and a break from the snow and ice.   :hammock:
Pictures will be posted upon my return.

That sounds really nice an exciting, I'm bloody envious that's for sure...have a safe and enjoyable trip.

I didn't know Playboy Magazine sponsored trips, that's cool 8)

I just literally passed her here in the hallway on another thread, and I'm not sure as we didn't say anything to each other, but I think she looked my way and smiled slightly...she may be close to speaking to me again, butt I'm not hundred percent sure yet so I'll keep my digits crossed.