News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

The new drug my doctor prescribed for my autoimmune disease seems to be working. I'm not hurting as much and subsequently, am sleeping better. Now to see if the depression eases now that I'm getting a bit of sleep and not hurting so much.

We got our tax refund. I got a Microsoft Surface, with a Surface pen. Granted, it is the very lowest-end one, however, I didn't need a replacement for my laptop, just something to do a bit of web surfing on and watch some Netflix or Hulu. My husband took possession of my old tablet.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Velma on February 16, 2017, 03:37:01 AM
The new drug my doctor prescribed for my autoimmune disease seems to be working. I'm not hurting as much and subsequently, am sleeping better. Now to see if the depression eases now that I'm getting a bit of sleep and not hurting so much.

We got our tax refund. I got a Microsoft Surface, with a Surface pen. Granted, it is the very lowest-end one, however, I didn't need a replacement for my laptop, just something to do a bit of web surfing on and watch some Netflix or Hulu. My husband took possession of my old tablet.
Good news, Velma!

I know the horrors of constant, unrelievable, pain. (Mine was in the ass, but that's not a story for here  :grin:)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 16, 2017, 08:14:12 AM

Good news, Velma!

I know the horrors of constant, unrelievable, pain. (Mine was in the ass, but that's not a story for here  :grin:)

Kinky
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Apathy on February 16, 2017, 10:10:43 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on February 16, 2017, 08:14:12 AM

Good news, Velma!

Kinky

Er, it involved two, simultaneous, extremely painful, potentially long lasting medical conditions within half an inch of each other that necessitated my laying on my side for about 6 months before treatment and healing were completed. And I still use a "doughnut" shaped cushion!

Kinky I like. :D

That I did not :sadshake:

Arturo

I'm glad you could turn that into a joke for me hahaha Shows that what did not kill you, made you stronger.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Apathy on February 16, 2017, 10:55:40 AM
I'm glad you could turn that into a joke for me hahaha Shows that what did not kill you, made you stronger.
Tell that to my sphincter!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on February 16, 2017, 02:14:15 PM
Quote from: Apathy on February 16, 2017, 10:55:40 AM
Tell that to my sphincter!

You two need to get a room. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Velma

Woo hoo! One of my favorite bookstores sent me a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase this weekend!  :frolic:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Biggus Dickus

My son-in-law posted this picture today, part of FlashBack Friday.

My son with a chicken that was taken last year up at my daughter and son-in-law's place up north.

It made me laugh because of the story behind this picture, this particular chicken had escaped from the coop, and my son told my son-in-law he would retrieve it, and was told not to bother because this particular chicken once it's get's out is always hard to catch (They called it Rocky) Normally he wait until evening and grab it as it's trying to roost in one of the trees or brush.

But my son is young, determined and confident and said something like, "No chicken is fast enough to get away from me, I'll catch it".

We laughed and the son-in-law said go for it, so my son did, he ran after and caught the chicken in like 30 seconds...didn't even break a sweat...like some sort of natural born chicken wrangler, we took to calling him "Chicken Josh" for the rest of the week.

By the way the area this picture is taken is where they do composting, you can see some of the piles over my son and the chicken's right shoulder.
A local collector drops off organic food waste from local restaurants, groceries, etc... my son-in-law then combines it with natural wood mulch made from decomposing leaves, grass, wood chips, etc...later they bag it up, or sell it wholesale to other local growers.

Dragonia

What a cute picture, man and beast. We have two composting stations on my property, but nothing like this! It sounds like quite an operation. I always wondered how mass amounts of compost were made... Always assumed the sellers were also ranchers with access to a LOT of manure. I like the idea of food waste compost better  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dragonia on February 17, 2017, 08:45:24 PM
What a cute picture, man and beast. We have two composting stations on my property, but nothing like this! It sounds like quite an operation. I always wondered how mass amounts of compost were made... Always assumed the sellers were also ranchers with access to a LOT of manure. I like the idea of food waste compost better  ;D

Thanks Dragonia,

You're right that is a handsome chicken, and the man/boy isn't bad...you wouldn't recognize him today as he's clean-shaven, and his hair is quite short. (And the chicken done got ate....smoked)

They run a fairly large sized CSA off their property, and are planning to expand it this year...so they use mainly the food waste compost for the CSA plots, but they do use manure compost as well as they have some pigs, but that is only for their own personal use.

Biggus Dickus

I'm cheerful cuz' I think she's speaking to me again...not hundred percent sure, as she hasn't used actual words, butt I think it's an attempt at communication.

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 24, 2017, 11:24:34 PM
I'm cheerful cuz' I think she's speaking to me again...not hundred percent sure, as she hasn't used actual words, butt I think it's an attempt at communication.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

I am actually feeling a bit better, despite the failure of the latest adjustment to the treatment of my autoimmune disease. There have been days when I've been off work and my husband didn't have to drag me out of the house. I am also sleeping a bit better. Hopefully these are signs that my depression is lifting.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 24, 2017, 11:24:34 PM

It's almost, dare I say, like old times :)