News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

TMI WARNING!

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the Grumpy section...

I think that I have found what makes me dangerous to be in an enclosed space with or down wind of. :)

Grumpy bit is no more falafels or humus for me. :(
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Aw, Gloucester, you don't have to cut those things out of your life! The cheery part is that now you know when you can eat those foods! Before going in to the woods, before going to a crowded place, before having the house to yourself for the day.... now it's all about timing  :thumbsup:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on February 12, 2017, 05:24:21 PM
Aw, Gloucester, you don't have to cut those things out of your life! The cheery part is that now you know when you can eat those foods! Before going in to the woods, before going to a crowded place, before having the house to yourself for the day.... now it's all about timing  :thumbsup:

Well, with me it's up to three days of extreme anti-socialness. Even I want to wear a gas mask!

Never used to be a prob, or got lost in others before I moderated my gastric system by drinking peppermint infusion instead of tea and coffee.. Don't do much walking in the woods these days - don't do much walking at all come to that. Never mind, can still manage the odd curry or chilli without the neighbours calling out the hazmat team or the gas company.  :grin:

Biggus Dickus

I'm so smrt!

Was sitting in the living room having coffee and talking to my wife, when Socorro ask me if I liked the new curtains she bought and hung earlier this week. I looked at her and said, "Yes they are quite lovely, and really go with the room." Butt, she could tell I think by my momentary hesitation and possibly the look on my face that in actuality I had no clue as to what curtains nor which room she was referring to because she asked me, "Oh really you noticed, than which room are they in"?

I had a one in three shot at guessing which room it was so I used my lips to point in the traditional hispanic way towards the spare bedroom in the front of the house (I assumed it was this one because last month she had also purchased new linen and coverings for the bed)

I was right, which surprised her, and she said, "Wow, I didn't think you would notice"!

Then just as a caveat I added, "I also noticed that you are wearing a brand new sweater, and it looks really nice on you. I especially like the colors and design', and she said, "Oh how sweet of you to notice, yes I just bought this the other day, thanks, you're such a good husband" (She's been on vacation all week, but I saw the tag in the trash as I was coming down the hall just prior to our conversation, so I took a shot)

So feeling good right now, what with these 'Extra Brownie-Points" I just scored.  Plus; to top it off earlier this morning I brought out some turmeric root I bought for her at the market yesterday, she juices regularly and has had a hard time finding fresh turmeric root. She was happy she could add it to her juice this morning.

Bruno is doing good today.  8)

Yeah Boyeeee!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 12, 2017, 06:00:29 PM
... I used my lips to point in the traditional hispanic way towards the spare bedroom in the front of the house... 
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Quote from: Gloucester on February 12, 2017, 04:33:12 PMGrumpy bit is no more falafels or humus for me. :(

You could try an enzyme supplement like this and see if it helps a bit.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on February 13, 2017, 03:17:15 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on February 12, 2017, 04:33:12 PMGrumpy bit is no more falafels or humus for me. :(

You could try an enzyme supplement like this and see if it helps a bit.
Hmm, expensive, I would have to ration my chickpea input and try to synchronise th6e doses. Note there is no quantity or dose rate mentioned in the ad.

Seems to be only that food, beans etc cause no great problem. Giving up a few food items is not great hassle.

But thanks for the tip, Recusant.

Icarus

We have a product whose brand name is Beano. The implication is that If you take one of these little pills, before you eat beans or cabbage or any of that other stuff, there will be no farts. It is not an expensive fix, less than five dollars for a hundred tablets.  We have some other brand names that are similar products of the alpha Galactosidase enzyme. They work very well for most of us.

On a similar, but not too distant a subject, we also have a nifty product labeled Poo Pouporii. The damned stuff actually works pretty good. It is a little spray bottle that you use to  mist the toilet ( loo to you Brits) prior to evacuating ones lower intestines.  It is fairly well affective in mitigating odors that would otherwise intrude from the region  of the loo. 

Oh my..... I hope I have not intruded upon the sensitivities of our more proper ladies who would never discuss so sensitive and unladylike a subject. Forgive me please, dear ones.

Dave

Quotetoilet ( loo to you Brits)

"Toilet" here as well (along with "bog", "khazi", "throne room", "thunder-box" and a few others). Always thought you prissy Americans called it "the bathroom"!

:grin:

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 14, 2017, 07:35:25 AM
Quotetoilet ( loo to you Brits)

"Toilet" here as well (along with "bog", "khazi", "throne room", "thunder-box" and a few others). Always thought you prissy Americans called it "the bathroom"!

:grin:

Some call it "the john" or "the potty". The first one is usually said by men and the latter said by children.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

There's a sparrow that was clambering around in the gutter (just) above my front window, probably searching for spiders under the eaves.

Then he (almost certainly) looked down and saw another sparrow challenging his territory - otherwise known as his own reflection. Spent the last few minutes attacking his reflection from all angles; gutter, sill and brickwork at the sides.

He will learn. Should not grin at his expense . . . But . . .

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on February 14, 2017, 04:03:10 AMOn a similar, but not too distant a subject, we also have a nifty product labeled Poo Pouporii.

I've noted in at least a couple of houses in the UK a product called Fresh Drop, apparently a similar idea.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on February 14, 2017, 03:50:02 PM
Quote from: Icarus on February 14, 2017, 04:03:10 AMOn a similar, but not too distant a subject, we also have a nifty product labeled Poo Pouporii.

I've noted in at least a couple of houses in the UK a product called Fresh Drop, apparently a similar idea.

If only for the word play I prefer "Poo Pourii".

-----------------------

Happier news on eyes. Spent £40 on a private eye test (would have been free if I had not had one recently) at local (still) family run company with a120 year local history and a big reputation to uphold.

Optometrist spent an hour telling me the meanings of the figures on the prescription, how these affect the lens shape etc before taking those measurements on me.  She chucked in a free retinal photography/scan (nomally another £30) and explained how the image of the retinal section in the scan explained the distortions in my vision. And gave me copies of the images.

The outcome was there was no sign of wet AMD at all but there was evidence of a  crinkling of the surface of the retina that, from memory, was no worse than about five or more years ago.

She also said that I passed the driving test acuity standard.

However, I still want to know why, after an "urgent" request to my doctor three weeks ago, I still have no appointment date. The optician said that if she was concerned about AMD she would have faxed a referral request in straight after the appointment and that appointments were normally offered within 48 hours in such cases.

Thus the good idea of going to a "proper" opticians rather than a department in a supermarket where one sees a different optician every visit and can have no knowledge of their actual competence.

Guess where I go for my next glasses, even if they do cost me twice the amount?

xSilverPhinx

I'm just cheerful, do I need a reason? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 16, 2017, 12:09:44 AM
I'm just cheerful, do I need a reason? :grin:
OH, I love that! You do NOT need a reason  :dance:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)