News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I'm sort of cheerful because it's an atypical day. :grin:

Everything's closed, but I'm cheerful.
Going to stay at home, but I'm cheerful.
I haven't reached melting point so I'm definitely cheerful.
My father is planning his visit in January; I see him once every one or two years or so.
I'm currently penniless but with high hopes for the future. 

:smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

In the BBC Radio 4 evening comic slot, playing now, there is a Disney themed spoof, "The Lady and the Trump," with puns and misquotes from all kinds of Disney movies.

Great!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Bruno de la Pole came back, to me, that's a reason to be cheerful.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

OldGit

Quote from: Gloucester on December 29, 2016, 06:21:49 PM
In the BBC Radio 4 evening comic slot, playing now, there is a Disney themed spoof, "The Lady and the Trump," with puns and misquotes from all kinds of Disney movies.

Great!

Thanks for the tip!

Arturo

I got a special surprise this new year, more money. It seems I will be getting more money this year, about 60 per pay check. Which is good because now it combines with the other $60, so I have $120 floating around to do whatever with.

It seems that life, indeed, does find a way...muwahahah  :badger:
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3153924/technology-law-regulation/a-potentially-fatal-blow-against-patent-trolls.html

QuoteOften, when a judge slaps down one patent troll in one case, the penalties are less than the total of the other monies extorted. In short, the troll comes out ahead. By placing the fines on the lawyers personally — well, to be precise, on their law firms — it threatens to change the dynamics. If lawyers stop taking these cases, patent trolls will no longer have a viable way to threaten thousands of companies.

:D
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on January 09, 2017, 02:59:50 PM
http://www.computerworld.com/article/3153924/technology-law-regulation/a-potentially-fatal-blow-against-patent-trolls.html

QuoteOften, when a judge slaps down one patent troll in one case, the penalties are less than the total of the other monies extorted. In short, the troll comes out ahead. By placing the fines on the lawyers personally — well, to be precise, on their law firms — it threatens to change the dynamics. If lawyers stop taking these cases, patent trolls will no longer have a viable way to threaten thousands of companies.

:D

I love it!

Schadenfreude at its sweetest!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

I remember learning about the patent troll scam a few years ago (it may have been here, in one of the lost threads). What a vile business. Well done, that judge.  :D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Got a lot done today. Cleaned the blankets the cat peed on, fed the dogs, did the dishes, cleaned up the mess I made in my Dad's bedroom when I had to take pictures for renting it, and I am currently cleaning the tea pot and about to start dinner.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Apathy on January 14, 2017, 12:00:32 AM
Got a lot done today. Cleaned the blankets the cat peed on, fed the dogs, did the dishes, cleaned up the mess I made in my Dad's bedroom when I had to take pictures for renting it, and I am currently cleaning the tea pot and about to start dinner.

Wait!What?

"cleaned up the mess I made in my Dad's bedroom when I had to take pictures for renting it" Fail! You clean it up BEFORE you take the photos. Just sayin'.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

I finished an entire tube of lip-balm this morning. I mean completely, all the way to the little cup at the bottom. Normally I loose them long before I ever come close to finishing them, often times I have 2-3 if not more in various pockets, drawers, backpacks, etc... (I'm addicted to the stuff, especially this time of year)

Makes feel very accomplished to finish the whole thing off and happy I got my monies worth; though now I'm beginning to experience some withdrawal symptoms,... "Need moar, gotta have more lip-balm, I mean I need it bad baby"!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

^^ I found additional container of lip-balm, my favorite kind actually in my dresser this morning (Booda Butter, Spread the Love, Naked Lip Balm) so that certainly cheered me up.

My son and I are attending an awards banquet tonight in Ann Arbor for PEAC. Neither of us are winning anything, but it should be a good time as we'll be sitting with some riding-mates of mine.

Since it's such a lovely day here, currently 52 degrees and sunny we decided to leave early and hang around the city for awhile. There's a few lovely coffee shops, plus a couple bookstores we like to frequent. My son's favorite is called "Vault of Midnight" which is a comic book store. I like some of the graphic novels.

Any-who it will be nice to spend part of the afternoon and evening with him, and though I no longer drink I may take him to one of my "old haunts", a brewpub known as the Ann Arbor Brewing Company, and buy him a pint of what used to be one of my favorite all-time beers called the "Sacred Cow"

Here's a description of it.

QuoteAt our original Pub location in Ann Arbor, we serve the sacred cow cask-conditioned on a British Beer engine. It has less carbonation and is served about 10–12 degrees warmer than our other ales which really allows the flavors to open up. But it's rich malts and robust tangy citrusy hops also stand up beautifully to crisp carbonation and a good chill. At ABC India this recipe goes by the name Raging Elephant.

I'll just get NA Ginger Beer or something.  :-\
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dragonia

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 16, 2017, 02:51:43 PM
I finished an entire tube of lip-balm this morning. I mean completely, all the way to the little cup at the bottom. Normally I loose them long before I ever come close to finishing them, often times I have 2-3 if not more in various pockets, drawers, backpacks, etc... (I'm addicted to the stuff, especially this time of year)

Makes feel very accomplished to finish the whole thing off and happy I got my monies worth; though now I'm beginning to experience some withdrawal symptoms,... "Need moar, gotta have more lip-balm, I mean I need it bad baby"!
Father Bruno, this post really resonates deeply within my soul and made me smile.  :)
My can't- live-without-it lip balm is Burt's Bees. Its perfection in a tube.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)