News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Guardian85

Quote from: Icarus on November 15, 2016, 12:19:14 AM
Lookin' good G85.  Describe the  new wheels for us.
It's a Hyundai Coupe, 1998 model. 1,6 litre engine making 113hp. Not that much more than the van produced, but with 600kg less weight on it the power-to-weight ratio is significantly better.
While it is somewhat older then I might have liked, the previous owner is a professional mechanic, and has invested significantly in maintenance and upgrades.

It is actually the same model as the first car I owned (although that was a 2,0 litre) and that was my favorite of all the cars I've owned. Getting in this thing for the drive home was much like finding your old favorite shoes again after a long time and slipping them on. Just felt right.

Quote from: Apathy on November 15, 2016, 01:26:36 AM
Is that snow or sand?
I'm in Northern Norway in November. Take a guess....

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 14, 2016, 10:55:29 PM

So after many misadventures with my old, big, fat, ex-ambulance the time has come to get something better.
Just picked this baby up today.  8)
Nice, Guardian85, very nice.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

So much snappier than a worn out ambulance.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

It looks more like a posh atheist's vehicle.  Old ambulances are for hippies.

Asmodean

The Asmobile is not posh, nor is it an atheist. It's a devout Asmoist, you see. Panders to His every Evilly-Divine-Transportation-Related Whim.

The smallish vehicle looks nice, despite its decidedly Asian lines. Is it by chance a Mazda of some sort?

...Nevermind. found the post. Same model as before? A red one or some such? What was its fate again?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on November 16, 2016, 09:08:34 AM
The Asmobile is not posh, nor is it an atheist. It's a devout Asmoist, you see. Panders to His every Evilly-Divine-Transportation-Related Whim.

The smallish vehicle looks nice, despite its decidedly Asian lines. Is it by chance a Mazda of some sort?

...Nevermind. found the post. Same model as before? A red one or some such? What was its fate again?
The previous one of this model had an unfortunate and violent encounter with an Opel.
Asmodean involvment was suspected, but never confirmed.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Asmos approve of Opels, so He wouldn't hurt one. Anti-Asmos and pesky Tanks, however... Who knows.

Also, it is quite possible that The Asmo's disapproval of most Pacific Rim vehicles is in fact so strong, that He would sacrifice an Opel to see one die.

...Mysterious ways. Asmos move in them.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

My supervisor liked my monograph!   :bigspecs:

:frolic:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 21, 2016, 11:14:55 PM

Splendid news! Well done, xSilverPhinx:brava:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 21, 2016, 11:14:55 PM

Excellent!  Was this the one on Macbeth?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany