News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2016, 12:58:53 AM
Going to watch "Dr Strange" this weekend! I'm not a comic book fan but I've been waiting for this film ever since I first saw the trailer, a long, long time ago.

Edited to add: :party:

Please let us know your reaction. It's. It my usual fare, but sound intriguing.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Essie Mae

Went to see the one-man show, Only Boycie and Horses at a local theatre last night as a surprise for Mr M who has always loved 'Only Fools and Horses' and was highly gratified that he loved it. Apparently the TV prog has gone to many different countries and the eastern block loves it, but it wasn't clear if it had gone to USA. I don't think they'd understand the accents or get the humour.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 05, 2016, 03:44:10 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2016, 12:58:53 AM
Going to watch "Dr Strange" this weekend! I'm not a comic book fan but I've been waiting for this film ever since I first saw the trailer, a long, long time ago.

Edited to add: :party:

Please let us know your reaction. It's. It my usual fare, but sound intriguing.

Just came back from the movie, and I enjoyed it. Benedict Cumberbatch is great as usual and it has some laugh-worthy scenes.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Well, one reason to be cheerful is my close ones are alive.

Buddy

I got my new radio installed in my car today! It is so nice to have Bluetooth for my phone, plus I can change the background color for the radio.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

I was sitting at my computer having lunch (I know, bad habit). Clyde, one of our cats, was sitting on the small table my husband uses a desk extension. Clyde reached out and put his paw on the edge of my plate. I looked at the cat and said, "That's my food, not yours" while moving my plate. Clyde then stood up, turned around, and laid back down with his back to me.  :lol:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Essie Mae

Quote from: Velma on November 12, 2016, 06:46:54 PM
I was sitting at my computer having lunch (I know, bad habit). Clyde, one of our cats, was sitting on the small table my husband uses a desk extension. Clyde reached out and put his paw on the edge of my plate. I looked at the cat and said, "That's my food, not yours" while moving my plate. Clyde then stood up, turned around, and laid back down with his back to me.  :lol:

Love it - the sulking cat.

Velma

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 12, 2016, 07:19:21 PM

What's even funnier is that he wouldn't have eaten any of it even if I'd offered it to him. It was some chicken, but none of our cats have ever shown an interest in eating our food, other than a spoonful of milk or licking butter off one of our fingers. They generally give it a sniff and keep going.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Essie Mae

Quote from: Velma on November 12, 2016, 07:26:30 PM

What's even funnier is that he wouldn't have eaten any of it even if I'd offered it to him. It was some chicken, but none of our cats have ever shown an interest in eating our food, other than a spoonful of milk or licking butter off one of our fingers. They generally give it a sniff and keep going.

But what you have to understand Velma is that although Clyde didn't actually want the food, he wanted you to want to share it. Keep up, do.

Velma

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 12, 2016, 07:30:15 PM
Quote from: Velma on November 12, 2016, 07:26:30 PM

But what you have to understand Velma is that although Clyde didn't actually want the food, he wanted you to want to share it. Keep up, do.
I will try. :lol:

Pasta Chick

our cat does that, only she apparently loves beans. Especially black beans. Go figure.  ;D

Velma

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 13, 2016, 01:33:21 AM
our cat does that, only she apparently loves beans. Especially black beans. Go figure.  ;D
:lol: Cats can be quite strange.

Guardian85

So after many misadventures with my old, big, fat, ex-ambulance the time has come to get something better.
Just picked this baby up today.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Lookin' good G85.  Describe the  new wheels for us.