News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I stand corrected about moose. They can be dangerous, I concede. Non hunter types like me, know little or nothing of such things. We should keep our mouths shut and our minds open.

Guardian85

Quote from: Icarus on August 21, 2016, 03:38:21 AM
I stand corrected about moose. They can be dangerous, I concede. Non hunter types like me, know little or nothing of such things. We should keep our mouths shut and our minds open.
Hear, hear!   ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

I want to try to balance out some of the bad with some good news. In just a week of being on my own and taking tips I've made over 260 dollars and some change. And that's just cash, not including credit tips. Being a waitress might be monumentally shitty sometimes, but I can't be upset at making double than I do as a stable hand.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on August 21, 2016, 05:25:47 AM
I want to try to balance out some of the bad with some good news. In just a week of being on my own and taking tips I've made over 260 dollars and some change. And that's just cash, not including credit tips. Being a waitress might be monumentally shitty sometimes, but I can't be upset at making double than I do as a stable hand.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Good stuff, Buddy!

When I was between proper jobs I workd as a barman in a local pub.

I know that customers come in grades from total assholes to some really great people. One has to learn to "skim over"  the assholes and give the nice guys a genuine smile.

Then take only the smiles home with you.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Asmodean

I stand corrected about moose. They can be dangerous, I concede.
It's meese. ;D Well, ought to be. :unsure: Just better that way. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on August 21, 2016, 07:53:25 AM

Multiple hangman's kits - neece?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Very impressive indeed!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Gloucester on August 21, 2016, 08:09:29 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on August 21, 2016, 07:53:25 AM

Multiple hangman's kits - neece?
Meese, neese, geese, cheese, fleece, Portugese. All following the proper Asmoic grammar. :smilenod:

(Floose being singular of fleece and... Portugoose for the other one)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

My mom just handed me 110 dollars in khols gift cards and told me to go wild because there wasn't anything she wanted.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

I just got blocked by a Muslim on facebook! Result!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Arturo

I finished an application for an apartment! It only took all day! (Also, I'm in the midst of a manic episode! HAZAH!)
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

Hurray! I finally got back in. But now I have to get ready for work.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

No one

Enough with the four letter words.

Tank

Quote from: Velma on August 22, 2016, 05:53:50 PM
Hurray! I finally got back in. But now I have to get ready for work.
Did you do anything in particular or did things just sort themselves out?