News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Quote from: Bad Penny II
I'm not happy, I was indifferent but there must be balance.
There is entirely to much happy going on around here.
I will sacrifice my equilibrium and go grumpy to restore the balance.

That's the job of our Grey Lord the Asmo.  Where's he gone this time?

Bad Penny II

Quote from: OldGit on July 07, 2016, 04:44:24 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II
I'm not happy, I was indifferent but there must be balance.
There is entirely to much happy going on around here.
I will sacrifice my equilibrium and go grumpy to restore the balance.

That's the job of our Grey Lord the Asmo.  Where's he gone this time?

You couldn't  possibly conceive of the "where" so I'm excusing myself from explaining it to you.

You haven't been fulfilling your role, near death is such slack arsed excuse, you should have trained someone up.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

gentle_dissident

I could be upset that I just received a computer with a beat up hard drive obviously done by FedEx Home. However, the people who put it together are sending me a new drive with Win7 Pro no charge, and the tech was very kind. I get to toss the brick rather than send it back.

OldGit

Well that's OK, g_d.  If you get a chance to install Win 10 before you put a lot of stuff on the drive, I'd do it.  Nothing wrong with Win 7, IMO, but I'd rather have 10.

gentle_dissident

I've been wanting Win 7 Pro. I'm on 7 Premium. I had to tweak the registry to get close to the functionality of XP. Pro comes with the options unlocked. The options are already on my drive, I just have to pay to activate them.

Arturo

I went to the gym today then played pokemon go on the way back.

Was fun times.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Quote from: gentle_dissident on July 08, 2016, 03:19:44 PM
I've been wanting Win 7 Pro. I'm on 7 Premium. I had to tweak the registry to get close to the functionality of XP. Pro comes with the options unlocked. The options are already on my drive, I just have to pay to activate them.

Once you've got Win 7 Pro set up, beware of the underhanded forced upgrades by Microsoft. See this post.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

gentle_dissident

Microsoft has tried to get me to update my win 7 Premium to Win 10, but my computer won't even take Win 7 SP1. I always have my updates on manual, but I'll try blocking Win 10. The hard drive got sorted, but I haven't been online. I have to use my daughter's HD TV for a display, and her WLAN won't install. I tried a driver from the net which didn't work. Hopefully everything goes well when my 27" IPS monitor gets here.

Firebird

Upgrading to 10 is only free till the end of this month, FYI
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Arturo

I watched two documentaries over the course of yesterday and today explaining physics from Einstein all the way up to the parallel universe theory. Gave me a deep sense of satisfaction.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on July 11, 2016, 12:19:19 AM
I watched two documentaries over the course of yesterday and today explaining physics from Einstein all the way up to the parallel universe theory. Gave me a deep sense of satisfaction.

That's great, Apathy :grin:

Which documentaries are they? Available on youtube?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 11, 2016, 12:33:02 AM

Oh yes. Let me link you...

Here: https://youtu.be/NyK5SG9rwWI
And here: https://youtu.be/CBrsWPCp_rs
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on July 11, 2016, 12:37:03 AM

Thanks! I already watched the Brian Greene one but not the Albert Einstein documentary. Looks very interesting. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 11, 2016, 12:41:21 AM
Quote from: Apathy on July 11, 2016, 12:37:03 AM

Thanks! I already watched the Brian Greene one but not the Albert Einstein documentary. Looks very interesting. :smilenod:

It's pretty great. I thoroughly enjoyed it.  :frolic:
     Arturo The1  リ壱