News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

gentle_dissident

Depression tried to creep in, and then anxiety got its foot in the door....and I stopped it!

Recusant

Quote from: gentle_dissident on July 01, 2016, 11:39:52 PM
Depression tried to creep in, and then anxiety got its foot in the door....and I stopped it!

Well done!  :computerwave:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I've started training some new interns so that they can take some of the load off my back. So far so good.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

gentle_dissident

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: gentle_dissident on July 06, 2016, 08:21:37 PM
Paid interns?

No, at least not for the moment. If they're lucky they can start receiving a government monthly grant of roughly $100 but since the country's in a financial crisis it's unlikely. I'm most probably going to lose my grant (but that's not a topic for this thread). :( 

They're undergraduates looking to get into a graduate program in the near future and will be getting curriculum points, not to mention practical experience.   

gentle_dissident

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 07, 2016, 12:04:10 AM
If they're lucky they can start receiving a government monthly grant of roughly $100...

They're undergraduates looking to get into a graduate program in the near future and will be getting curriculum points, not to mention practical experience.
That's awesome. I think all studies and projects that affect humanity's progress should be a group effort.

Arturo

Something about you all made me happy. So you should be happy because I am happy.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Apathy on July 07, 2016, 05:34:00 AM
Something about you all made me happy. So you should be happy because I am happy.
We're happy because you're happy :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Making people happy is the principal reason for this forum.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: gentle_dissident on July 07, 2016, 03:16:01 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 07, 2016, 12:04:10 AM
If they're lucky they can start receiving a government monthly grant of roughly $100...

That's awesome. I think all studies and projects that affect humanity's progress should be a group effort.

I agree, and science usually is. :smilenod:

xSilverPhinx

This makes me cheerful! :D

Arturo

I'm glad everybody is happy.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

I'm not happy, I was indifferent but there must be balance.
There is entirely to much happy going on around here.
I will sacrifice my equilibrium and go grumpy to restore the balance.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on July 07, 2016, 06:34:32 AM
We're happy because you're happy :)

We are?

Quote from: OldGit on July 07, 2016, 09:31:47 AM
Making people happy is the principal reason for this forum.
It is?

;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-