News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

gentle_dissident

Depression tried to creep in, and then anxiety got its foot in the door....and I stopped it!

Recusant

Quote from: gentle_dissident on July 01, 2016, 11:39:52 PM
Depression tried to creep in, and then anxiety got its foot in the door....and I stopped it!

Well done!  :computerwave:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I've started training some new interns so that they can take some of the load off my back. So far so good.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

gentle_dissident

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: gentle_dissident on July 06, 2016, 08:21:37 PM
Paid interns?

No, at least not for the moment. If they're lucky they can start receiving a government monthly grant of roughly $100 but since the country's in a financial crisis it's unlikely. I'm most probably going to lose my grant (but that's not a topic for this thread). :( 

They're undergraduates looking to get into a graduate program in the near future and will be getting curriculum points, not to mention practical experience.   

gentle_dissident

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 07, 2016, 12:04:10 AM
If they're lucky they can start receiving a government monthly grant of roughly $100...

They're undergraduates looking to get into a graduate program in the near future and will be getting curriculum points, not to mention practical experience.
That's awesome. I think all studies and projects that affect humanity's progress should be a group effort.

Arturo

Something about you all made me happy. So you should be happy because I am happy.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Apathy on July 07, 2016, 05:34:00 AM
Something about you all made me happy. So you should be happy because I am happy.
We're happy because you're happy :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Making people happy is the principal reason for this forum.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: gentle_dissident on July 07, 2016, 03:16:01 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 07, 2016, 12:04:10 AM
If they're lucky they can start receiving a government monthly grant of roughly $100...

That's awesome. I think all studies and projects that affect humanity's progress should be a group effort.

I agree, and science usually is. :smilenod:

xSilverPhinx

This makes me cheerful! :D

Arturo

I'm glad everybody is happy.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

I'm not happy, I was indifferent but there must be balance.
There is entirely to much happy going on around here.
I will sacrifice my equilibrium and go grumpy to restore the balance.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on July 07, 2016, 06:34:32 AM
We're happy because you're happy :)

We are?

Quote from: OldGit on July 07, 2016, 09:31:47 AM
Making people happy is the principal reason for this forum.
It is?

;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-