News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Velma on June 28, 2016, 05:13:21 PM
My return to work yesterday went very well. After a phone call to reset a password that had expired while I was on leave, I was able to get right to work. Fortunately, the task assigned to me had not changed much in my absence. Other than being very tired once I got home, there were no ill effects.
Excellent news.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on June 28, 2016, 06:00:57 PM
My return to work yesterday went very well. After a phone call to reset a password that had expired while I was on leave, I was able to get right to work. Fortunately, the task assigned to me had not changed much in my absence. Other than being very tired once I got home, there were no ill effects.
Excellent news.
I was quite happy. Another bonus is that I was so tired I managed to sleep four or five hours straight, which is something I've not done since before my surgery.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on June 28, 2016, 08:13:00 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 28, 2016, 06:00:57 PM
Excellent news.
I was quite happy. Another bonus is that I was so tired I managed to sleep four or five hours straight, which is something I've not done since before my surgery.
Double whammy!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Magdalena

My precious little boy finished preschool!  :frolic:
:cryandrun:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

Quote from: Magdalena on June 29, 2016, 07:15:16 PM
Awwww!   :hug:

My physical therapist was really happy with my progress today. My big problem has been straightening my leg completely. She did not measure today, but said there was a noticeable difference. I have been working quite hard to get my leg to straighten completely, so it was nice to hear that all my work is actually accomplishing something.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Essie Mae

Quote from: Velma on June 29, 2016, 08:01:08 PM
Awwww!   :hug:

My physical therapist was really happy with my progress today. My big problem has been straightening my leg completely. She did not measure today, but said there was a noticeable difference. I have been working quite hard to get my leg to straighten completely, so it was nice to hear that all my work is actually accomplishing something.

There's nothing like straightening a leg to make you feel cheerful Velma. Well done. :)
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Sandra Craft

Did they have any kind of ceremony?  Can we get pictures?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on June 29, 2016, 08:01:08 PM

:party:  That's great!
Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 29, 2016, 09:41:04 PM

We just had a potluck and the kids got their certificate of completion.
:secrets1: I do have pictures, but I don't like to share my kid's pictures with the world.—I'm sorry.  :(
I know not everyone is mean, but I remember what Crow said about Bruno's daughter, and how he reacted. I wouldn't want to go through something similar. You're just gonna have to trust me when I say: He finished preschool, we had a great time at the party, —and he's really cute.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Congratulations!

Buddy

Quote from: Magdalena on June 29, 2016, 10:29:49 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 29, 2016, 09:41:04 PM

:secrets1: I do have pictures, but I don't like to share my kid's pictures with the world.—I'm sorry.  :(
I know not everyone is mean, but I remember what Crow said about Bruno's daughter, and how he reacted. I wouldn't want to go through something similar. You're just gonna have to trust me when I say: He finished preschool, we had a great time at the party, —and he's really cute.  :smilenod:

That's okay Mags. We understand not wanting to put children's pictures on the Internet.

I'm glad that he had fun at the party  :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

I understand, and I trust you.  Would a mother lie about how adorable her kid is?  I think not.
Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 29, 2016, 10:41:35 PM

Congratulations!
Thank you, Ecurb Noselrub:hug:

Don't worry, I don't think he'll be going to: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I'll teach him everything he needs to know.  ;) ;D

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 29, 2016, 11:05:29 PM

I understand, and I trust you.  Would a mother lie about how adorable her kid is?  I think not.
:snicker:
Never!  :grin: