News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on June 16, 2016, 03:04:48 PM
I got a nice raise. And a promise of a forthcoming promotion later this year  :)
Very much a reason to be cheerful  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

I got a nice raise. And a promise of a forthcoming promotion later this year  :)

Hooray!  Money always helps.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

Cool! Good for you.

Myself, I start in a new summer job on Monday. Gonna last 'till the end of July. Not entirely sure about the details, but I gather it is some manner of property inspection and surveying. Should be interesting.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

No one

I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day

Tank

Quote from: No one on June 17, 2016, 12:18:30 AM
I don't want to work

Musician?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Biggus Dickus

Drinks are on Firebird!

Congrats and I'm sure well deserved. ;D
Quote from: Tank on June 17, 2016, 07:00:09 AM
Quote from: No one on June 17, 2016, 12:18:30 AM
I don't want to work

Musician?

Todd Rundgren

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Last week and then holidays! Well, sort of...but good enough for me! :grin: :frolic: :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Seeing Buckethead in a few days.

Essie Mae

I found a little lad of 2-and-a-half wandering in Watford High Street yesterday and found his distraught parents 10 mins later.  Lots of tears, but happy ones. The boy just took it all in his stride.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on June 27, 2016, 12:43:52 PM
I found a little lad of 2-and-a-half wandering in Watford High Street yesterday and found his distraught parents 10 mins later.  Lots of tears, but happy ones. The boy just took it all in his stride.

:frolic:

Ecurb Noselrub

Wow, a real Good Samaritan!

Recusant

That must have been an interesting 10 minutes. Well done on your happy success!  :daddance:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Guardian85

Some of my favorite memories of working security involve situations like that.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

OldGit

Well done, E-M!  Watford High Street is a ghastly place.

Velma

My return to work yesterday went very well. After a phone call to reset a password that had expired while I was on leave, I was able to get right to work. Fortunately, the task assigned to me had not changed much in my absence. Other than being very tired once I got home, there were no ill effects.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan