News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 22, 2016, 07:36:39 PM
Went fishing with my dad again. Not only was the weather fantastic, but this time we hit the mother load. The beast in the picture is 8,5kg. And there were 6 more where it came from.

Man that is some fish you got there Gman, how awesome...wow! I would love to reel something like that in.

How long did it take to reel it in, and is this while trolling and using live bait, or did you just harpoon the beast?

Also, can I come fishing on your Dad's boat as well?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 08, 2016, 06:37:44 PM
Wow, that is exciting Buddy!  How far is Philadelphia from where you are now?

701 miles from here
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

Quote from: Buddy on June 08, 2016, 08:44:49 PM

701 miles from here

A good start, though that still means you have to move to Philly  ;D Ok, I'm sure it's a decent place, I've been there a few times myself. But their sports fans are such assholes. The only time I've been legitimately nervous at a concert/sporting event was when I went to an NFL game at old Veterans Stadium, Giants vs. Eagles. I saw multiple fights break out directly around me. And that was just among the Eagles fans. (Ok, that last part was made up, but it was pretty screwed up)

But hey, you're getting out of Indiana and coming to the Northeast, and that's awesome. Congrats!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Firebird on June 09, 2016, 03:07:33 AM
Quote from: Buddy on June 08, 2016, 08:44:49 PM

701 miles from here

A good start, though that still means you have to move to Philly  ;D Ok, I'm sure it's a decent place, I've been there a few times myself. But their sports fans are such assholes. The only time I've been legitimately nervous at a concert/sporting event was when I went to an NFL game at old Veterans Stadium, Giants vs. Eagles. I saw multiple fights break out directly around me. And that was just among the Eagles fans. (Ok, that last part was made up, but it was pretty screwed up)

But hey, you're getting out of Indiana and coming to the Northeast, and that's awesome. Congrats!

I've spent in a day in Philadelphia City when I had a lot of time between flights.  I wasn't in the best frames of mind as I was on my way home from Virginia so sad about having to be there in the first place and it was raining really heavily the whole time.  It seemed okay, had a bit of character about the place and a good atmosphere, lots of touristy things around the bell and constitution.  I was disappointed with the cheese-steak I had though, was expecting to be blown away by it.  Oh and the other thing that got me, more than any other American city I've been too was the amount of beggars on the street.  It could be that they were targetting the touristy areas I was in but every few steps I seemed to be asked for money. 

However, moving away from home for college is exciting and a big milestone in anyone's life.  I'm sure you'll have an awesome time Buddy.  I loved being a student in a big city :)

Oh and you get some pretty good flight deals from the UK to Philadelphia airport so you can come back here :)

Buddy

I just got to 75,000 miles on Charlie!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

Quote from: Buddy on June 12, 2016, 03:50:52 PM

15, 000 miles more than I've gotten on my 12 year old car.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Bad Penny II

So why is this post in the cheerful?
It's near 120,000km  130 is time to sell.
I don't want to suggest grumpy, the new owner has let it go so.
But if you want to talk to god about it I'll put a word in for you.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Buddy

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 12, 2016, 04:43:07 PM

Considering that most cars the same age have well over 100k on them having 75k is a good thing. My last car had almost 200k before it was totaled.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Buddy on June 12, 2016, 04:51:28 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 12, 2016, 04:43:07 PM

Considering that most cars the same age have well over 100k on them having 75k is a good thing. My last car had almost 200k before it was totaled.

Sorry

Humans shouldn't put their birthdays in the Cheerful after their 24th.
Car odometer advances should be met with a feeling of ill ease, not a cheerful post.
That's just me though

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Guardian85

Well, the Sweden Rock Festival is over. I am now in a hotel in Copenhagen reflecting on the benefits of sleeping in a place with walls and running water. But the festival was still awesome! I'll post some highlights whenot I have a proper computer to work with.

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on June 08, 2016, 07:32:30 PM

Man that is some fish you got there Gman, how awesome...wow! I would love to reel something like that in.

How long did it take to reel it in, and is this while trolling and using live bait, or did you just harpoon the beast?

Also, can I come fishing on your Dad's boat as well?
Since I have a motorboating licence now I could take any of you out whenever. Just find your way here during summer.

The fish was caught while casting with a metal lure and took about 10 minutes to reel in. We were in pretty shallow waters.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 12, 2016, 09:38:08 PM
Since I have a motorboating licence now I could take any of you out whenever.
:???:

Context? Fuck context. This is just better without.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Quote from: Him who has many names and but one natureSorry Humans shouldn't put their birthdays in the Cheerful after their 24th.
Car odometer advances should be met with a feeling of ill ease, not a cheerful post.
That's just me though

No, me too.  Any mileage is bad mileage for people and for cars.

Firebird

I got a nice raise. And a promise of a forthcoming promotion later this year  :)

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

That's wonderful Firebird!!