News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Are we cheering the the pole's departure? That just seems harsh.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on June 02, 2016, 08:03:10 PM

I might throw in some pics of my garage for that. Little chance of winning, true, but still...

In any case, a Transporter is a step in the right direction. At the very least, it's a Volkswagen. But a question needs to be asked: why a van?
Cheaper then hiring a moving company.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Oh, that's right!

Are you still up North?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

I think we need another car thread. Been working on converting a 2000 Chevy Silverado to a six speed manual with a twin turbo kit thrown in for laughs. It's not mine but perhaps the Integra will get some coverage as well from my end. There's a part of me that wants to buy a block and build that sucker into a turbocharged monster of a car. Stock on the outside, but beastly as can be under the hood! A true sleeper....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Essie Mae

Quote from: Velma on May 31, 2016, 06:06:43 PM
Glad you found your keys, Essie Mae. Losing them is one of the more frustrating of life's little annoyances.

Hope you get/got out today Velma and that you have/had a nice lunch.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Guardian85

For those who haven't seen my Facebook and don't read Norwegian:

I just passed my exam to get certified to operate recreational watercraft!  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 04, 2016, 03:13:30 AM

Goodness! You need a license to us a peddlo in Norway? Who'd have thunk!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on June 04, 2016, 07:31:29 AM

We need expensive exams and licences for pretty much everything. Good and well, I say. Wouldn't want just anybody operating a motorized vehicle or doing your taxes.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

You need a boating license or equivalent called the Boater Education Card or something along those lines in the majority of states in the US, as well.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Congrats, G85!  :beer:

Operating operation watercraft seems like fun.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on June 04, 2016, 07:31:29 AM

For anything larger then 8 meters or with more then 25hp you need a recreational vehicle licence. With this licence you can have as many horsepower as you damn well please and up to 15 meters of boat.

-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

On the way home from the hospital yesterday, we did stop for a nice lunch. We had thought about going out again later, but my knee started hurting. The cats were all glad to see me. :)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: Velma on June 04, 2016, 06:32:05 PM
On the way home from the hospital yesterday, we did stop for a nice lunch. We had thought about going out again later, but my knee started hurting. The cats were all glad to see me. :)
This whole thing has been a special journey for all of you--Hasn't it? Thank you for sharing it with all of us. I'm glad to hear you're home, where you should be.  :love:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

Quote from: Magdalena on June 04, 2016, 07:19:13 PM
Quote from: Velma on June 04, 2016, 06:32:05 PM
This whole thing has been a special journey for all of you--Hasn't it? Thank you for sharing it with all of us. I'm glad to hear you're home, where you should be.  :love:
You are welcome.

Today we went to a couple of bookstores. For the first one, I managed with my cane. For the second, I had to use my walker.  Once we got home, I had to ice my knee. Later today, I will have to work on my at home physical therapy exercises.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Davin

I went to Pheonix Comicon this last weekend. It was pretty fun.

Special points if you can guess this one:

While wandering around as Pugsley, I finally found my family:

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.