News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Velma

I probably will beep as I go through security now. Not sure if I'm a cyborg since the new parts aren't electronic, just metal and plastic.

I have been awakened at 6 am to get cleaned up and dressed. I had forgotten there was a six am. Not going home, just getting ready for physical therapy.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on May 24, 2016, 12:28:05 PM
I probably will beep as I go through security now. Not sure if I'm a cyborg since the new parts aren't electronic, just metal and plastic.

I have been awakened at 6 am to get cleaned up and dressed. I had forgotten there was a six am. Not going home, just getting ready for physical therapy.
I have a chunk of metal in my left knee and I don't set security alarms off so you'll probably be alright.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

That's good to know.

Getting dressed was horrible and painful. The nursing assistant left me setting on the side of the bed for over 20 minutes. It wasn't long before my knee was aching and not long after that I was on the verge of screaming. Between the bandages, the cold therapy pad, and the immobilizer, there is a lot of weight on that incision.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on May 24, 2016, 12:59:36 PM

I have a chunk of metal in my left knee and I don't set security alarms off so you'll probably be alright.
Wow! You guys are no T-800, you're more like a, T-1000 model!
Impressive! :smilenod:
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Yeah, from everything I've heard, knee replacements are really painful. Good luck Velma, glad everything went ok
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Davin

That's weird, my nipple piercings set off alarms about half the time.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: Davin on May 24, 2016, 08:06:15 PM

That's weird, my nipple piercings set off alarms about half the time.
It's probably to do with the fact that my metal bits are totally internal.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Pudding/Marvin/Arachnid/Bad Penny liked the hat I made for him and the walking stick I appropriated! :grin:

At least, I think so. :P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 24, 2016, 09:34:50 PM
Pudding/Marvin/Arachnid/Bad Penny liked the hat I made for him and the walking stick I appropriated! :grin:

:secrets1: Don't forget, Bad Penny II.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 24, 2016, 10:54:05 PM

Right :lol: I can barely keep track of all the reincarnations.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 24, 2016, 11:15:05 PM

Right :lol: I can barely keep track of all the reincarnations.

Cats have nine lives. The Magic Pudding has used five already. He needs to figure out what he's doing wrong, or he's gonna continue to come back as a cat each time, so you have to multiply each reincarnation times nine!  :o

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on May 25, 2016, 02:34:51 AM

Cats have nine lives. The Magic Pudding has used five already. He needs to figure out what he's doing wrong, or he's gonna continue to come back as a cat each time, so you have to multiply each reincarnation times nine!  :o

A cat!
Well the cursiest curse you can imagine on you too!  >:(
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 25, 2016, 03:04:42 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 25, 2016, 02:34:51 AM

A cat!
Well the cursiest curse you can imagine on you too!  >:(
Cats are beautiful!  ;D

Tank

Or condrominium or another alias.