News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 22, 2016, 07:36:39 PM
Went fishing with my dad again. Not only was the weather fantastic, but this time we hit the mother load. The beast in the picture is 8,5kg. And there were 6 more where it came from.

:o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Went fishing with my dad again. Not only was the weather fantastic, but this time we hit the mother load. The beast in the picture is 8,5kg. And there were 6 more where it came from.

That's a lot of big fish!  What are you going to do with them all?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

You look like a real viking!!  :smilenod:
(Just get rid of the sunglasses.)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

What kind of fish is that? A smelly old woman keeps asking me. I keep telling her to stop reading over my shoulder.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Guardian85

Quote from: jumbojak on May 23, 2016, 02:47:52 AM
What kind of fish is that? A smelly old woman keeps asking me. I keep telling her to stop reading over my shoulder.
Pollock/Saithe . And a big one, at that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollachius_virens

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 23, 2016, 01:35:03 AM
Well some of it became Sunday dinner. Fillet wrapped in foil with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms cooked on the barbecue.
The rest was frozen for later consumption.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 22, 2016, 09:19:30 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 21, 2016, 03:26:23 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 21, 2016, 02:26:37 PM
It was Friday when I posted. :grin:

On the cheerfulness gradient, Saturn's day is less because it comes before Sunday.   :-\

I support you taking cheer where you can but I think you are wrong, because you are wrong, so obviously wrong.

Friday is a day of toil, 5pm-ish Friday might be time for cheer but by then 70.8333% of the day is done.
Friday is best because you anticipate Saturday but Saturday is less because you anticipate Sunday?/Monday.
I could cure you of this by plying you with a diet wholesome root vegetables and legumes and a 168 hour chorus of Tibetan throat singing.  Won't be cheap though.

I prefer something less guttural, but I'll go with it. :chin:

How expensive are we talking here? A new hat?

Hmmmm, it would have to be a good one.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 23, 2016, 10:28:02 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 22, 2016, 09:19:30 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 21, 2016, 03:26:23 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 21, 2016, 02:26:37 PM
It was Friday when I posted. :grin:

On the cheerfulness gradient, Saturn's day is less because it comes before Sunday.   :-\

I support you taking cheer where you can but I think you are wrong, because you are wrong, so obviously wrong.

Friday is a day of toil, 5pm-ish Friday might be time for cheer but by then 70.8333% of the day is done.
Friday is best because you anticipate Saturday but Saturday is less because you anticipate Sunday?/Monday.
I could cure you of this by plying you with a diet wholesome root vegetables and legumes and a 168 hour chorus of Tibetan throat singing.  Won't be cheap though.

I prefer something less guttural, but I'll go with it. :chin:

How expensive are we talking here? A new hat?

Hmmmm, it would have to be a good one.

A Pudding top hat, by xSilverPhinxTM. I've also thrown in a walking stick for you to shake at passersby while yelling for them to get off your road. I...may have appropriated OldGit's walking stick, I'm not sure...I'm not telling. :grin:

The hat and the walking stick are not exactly drawn to scale, obviously. The walking stick would have to be much smaller in that picture.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I know where I'm going on my next vacation. That fishing looks fantastic.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on May 23, 2016, 04:49:35 PM

I know where I'm going on my next vacation. That fishing looks fantastic.
You have a standing invitation to visit. ;)

But for boating I highly recommend coming during the summer half of the year.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 23, 2016, 03:48:12 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 23, 2016, 01:35:03 AM
Well some of it became Sunday dinner. Fillet wrapped in foil with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms cooked on the barbecue.
The rest was frozen for later consumption.

Yum!  Is that type of fish good for smoking?
Sandy

Guardian85

You can smoke just about any fish, but I prefer this type fresh.

-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

My new knee has been installed. The doctor says surgery went well. All things considered, I feel pretty good.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: Velma on May 24, 2016, 12:31:52 AM
My new knee has been installed. The doctor says surgery went well. All things considered, I feel pretty good.
Awesome!
Does that make you a cyborg?  ;D

-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 24, 2016, 12:42:34 AM
Awesome!
That's great news, Velma.  :cheerleader:
From now on, are you going to 'beep' as you go through metal detectors?  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 24, 2016, 12:42:34 AM
Awesome!

Oh, that would be so cool if it were true!  Congrats on the surgery, Velma, sounds like things went very smoothly.
Sandy