News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Sounds good! Glad the weather held out for you guys. Doing parades in the rain sucks.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Quote from: Icarus on May 19, 2016, 01:50:06 AM
JJ, what the hell kind of pliers are so specialized as to need a mail order delivery. Blacksmith tongs? or something similarly out of the mainstream?

Knipex Cobras, essentially a German reengineered Channellock. They're way too expensive in stores or off the truck.

Bruno, that has got to be the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Velma

Well, I got the okay to set up surgery with Dr. H for my knee. I was thinking that two weeks was going to an optimistic estimate of when the surgery would happen. Apparently, there was a cancellation and I am going to have surgery Monday! My husband was the one who answered the phone because I was at work. I want to get this over with as soon as possible, but I don't know if I can get everything done before Monday, especially the paperwork for work.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on May 19, 2016, 03:22:44 PM
Well, I got the okay to set up surgery with Dr. H for my knee. I was thinking that two weeks was going to an optimistic estimate of when the surgery would happen. Apparently, there was a cancellation and I am going to have surgery Monday! My husband was the one who answered the phone because I was at work. I want to get this over with as soon as possible, but I don't know if I can get everything done before Monday, especially the paperwork for work.

I'd let work sort itself out on this one -- fixing your knees is more important.  Go for that Monday op!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

It may not be Monday after all. I can't get an appointment for blood work until Monday at about the same time as the surgery. One of the reasons for the blood work is to make sure I'm not carrying MRSA, a potentially deadly infection. If I am, I would have to be on antibiotics for two weeks before the surgery.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on May 19, 2016, 05:34:19 PM
It may not be Monday after all. I can't get an appointment for blood work until Monday at about the same time as the surgery. One of the reasons for the blood work is to make sure I'm not carrying MRSA, a potentially deadly infection. If I am, I would have to be on antibiotics for two weeks before the surgery.

Well, nuts.  Still better to be careful.
Sandy

Velma

Part of me is a bit relieved. I'm not sure I could have gotten everything done in time, such as the paperwork for the time off work. However, I won't know for sure until the doctor's office calls back.

Tank

Good good good!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

Heard a religious guy and an unconfirmed non religious guy debating in the locker room after I thought it was a make shift sermon because of the circle of old guys almost huddled around the religious man.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Guardian85

Very good news!

I have spent the afternoon/evening cutting and splitting firewood.
Call me old fashioned if you must, but I find it very satisfying in a "manly man" sort of way.
(Makes sense. Involves power tools and an ax. And the end result is fire.)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Firebird

Quote from: Velma on May 19, 2016, 05:34:19 PM

Man, what a roller-coaster. Hang in there
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 20, 2016, 12:29:30 AM

Call me old fashioned if you must, but I find it very satisfying in a "manly man" sort of way.

There is something relaxing about doing labor that doesn't require much thought
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 20, 2016, 12:29:30 AM
:smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

Surgery is a go for Monday! Got all the paperwork paperworked. I will have to go in about four hours before surgery on Monday so they can draw blood and get it tested before my surgery. If something's not right, they can reschedule the surgery. Finally!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on May 20, 2016, 08:19:14 AM
Surgery is a go for Monday! Got all the paperwork paperworked. I will have to go in about four hours before surgery on Monday so they can draw blood and get it tested before my surgery. If something's not right, they can reschedule the surgery. Finally!

Yay, and good luck!  I'd say I'll pray for you but . . . well . . . you know.
Sandy