News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Very nice day here today. We got out and went to a couple of bookstores. You will find this hard to believe, but I came home with five more books. :)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

Yes, I do, very much. It is almost a sickness. However, my husband is very much an enabler. I can't drive right now and he whisks me off to bookstores without me even asking him to. :D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

He just happens to be the World's Bestest Husband!  :grin:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Apathy on May 16, 2016, 03:19:51 AM
This hat. Because Comic Con.

?????

Hey Apathy,

You went to the Motor City Comic Con? My son and a couple of his friends went and had a ball...pictures I've seen of it would confirm, although I don't know what happened to your picture? :'(

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 15, 2016, 11:08:43 PM
So after having gotten my dads boat out of winter storage last week, today we decided to go fishing to inaugurate the 2016 boating season.

Caught three cod. Only one big enough to keep. The highlight of the day was definitely that my dad caught nothing.

Very nice picture with the mountains in the background, I would like to fish there one day, though I'm sure it's "Cold as Fuck"?

Quote from: Velma on May 16, 2016, 05:06:05 AM
He just happens to be the World's Bestest Husband!  :grin:

Yeah? Well tell him to back off as he's making the rest of us husbands look bad! :o
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 16, 2016, 03:50:37 PM

?????

Hey Apathy,

You went to the Motor City Comic Con? My son and a couple of his friends went and had a ball...pictures I've seen of it would confirm, although I don't know what happened to your picture? :'(

I can see it just fine let me know if I fix it.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

My new pliers arrived in the mail today. :)

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: Apathy on May 17, 2016, 01:22:12 AM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 16, 2016, 03:50:37 PM

?????

Hey Apathy,

I can see it just fine. Let me know if I fix it.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Guardian85

Yesterday was Constitution Day here in Norway so of course we marching band musicians were busy as all hell. But despite warnings from every meteorological service known to man there was no rain during either of the parades we were scheduled to appear in.
So things went pretty well.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Looks like fun. Did you actually play an instrument?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Icarus

JJ, what the hell kind of pliers are so specialized as to need a mail order delivery. Blacksmith tongs? or something similarly out of the mainstream?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on May 19, 2016, 01:50:06 AM
JJ, what the hell kind of pliers are so specialized as to need a mail order delivery. Blacksmith tongs? or something similarly out of the mainstream?

Hey Icarus, I bet they're something like these MAC 24K gold plated pliers. Really fancy. ;D

MAC TOOLS 24K GOLD PLATED PLIERS LIMITED EDITION 1995
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Bad Penny II

Excellent day today god, blue sky, clear water, warm but not too hot, minimal bitey things, well done sir.
I was particularly impressed by this guy, I think he's one of your best.  If anyone says he's gaudy I think you should definitely smite them, or I could point my bone at them, I'm ready to serve.

The dolphins were nice but I'm becoming a bit blase about them, perhaps you could try orange and blue dolphins?

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on May 18, 2016, 07:38:25 PM
Looks like fun. Did you actually play an instrument?
Yes. I'm the drum boss.
https://www.facebook.com/kvbottolfsen/videos/1021499637897116/
There is also my mother on the saxophone who is also the big boss, and my two brothers who are playing trumpet and bass drum.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-