News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 07, 2016, 09:09:02 AM
You should buy one with a limited data package, then your opinion on gifs may change ;)
I have a question.
Does using the SPOILER: HIDE help?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on May 08, 2016, 05:16:17 AM
You should buy one with a limited data package, then your opinion on gifs may change ;)
I have a question.
No. The browser will follow the image link and load the file in the background and display it when the spoiler is opened.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 04, 2016, 10:21:10 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on May 04, 2016, 09:40:49 PM
Hurray, my wife loves me a lot. She bought for me a licorice blue cheese with a chocolate crust.

Maybe it's just me Tom, but I think you got your signals crossed buddy.

Imagine if I were to write the following, "Yo, my wife loves me a lot. She bought for me possum road kill Limburger cheese with a caramel crust."?

Just saying Yo

Sounds great as well, where can you buy it?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 04, 2016, 10:21:10 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on May 04, 2016, 09:40:49 PM
Hurray, my wife loves me a lot. She bought for me a licorice blue cheese with a chocolate crust.

Maybe it's just me Tom, but I think you got your signals crossed buddy.

Imagine if I were to write the following, "Yo, my wife loves me a lot. She bought for me possum road kill Limburger cheese with a caramel crust."?

Just saying Yo

You are probably right. A better description might be, that my wife bought me a blue cheese, spiced up [inside] with licorice essence, with chocolate crumbles on top.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Claireliontamer

I have a question.

Not really. It's fine, I just don't come on here unless I'm in my house with WiFi.  My main browsing time used to be on the commute to work or lunchtimes but I ended up having to keep buying more data to do so. I use my phone to contact JJ so have an international calling plan but it comes with less data as standard unless I pay a lot per month.  I love haf but not enough to pay a small fortune every month!

It just bugs me slightly when people assume the reason I don't like them is a sense of humour failure or general hater.  It's really not that, people can amuse themselves in anyway they want but just understand why we can't all join in!

Magdalena

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 08, 2016, 01:26:58 PM
I have a question.

Not really. It's fine, I just don't come on here unless I'm in my house with WiFi.  My main browsing time used to be on the commute to work or lunchtimes but I ended up having to keep buying more data to do so. I use my phone to contact JJ so have an international calling plan but it comes with less data as standard unless I pay a lot per month.  I love haf but not enough to pay a small fortune every month!

It just bugs me slightly when people assume the reason I don't like them is a sense of humour failure or general hater.  It's really not that, people can amuse themselves in anyway they want but just understand why we can't all join in!
I understand your frustration.  :therethere:
For about four years I came here with dial up internet and I wasn't able to see any images at all, no videos, gifs, nothing! Sometimes not even the avatars.  >:(

People complimented each other when a photograph was posted, and I couldn't participate. One day, I said, "Enough!" I got high speed internet, and I just went crazy! So, for me right now, it's: Images, images, images!  :cheerleader:
Sorry.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Hardvark

It's a lovely sunny day, I'm fighting fit, what more could I want.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Hardvark on May 12, 2016, 08:08:09 AM

Some tasty waves and a cool buzz.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

A hammock, a petite brunette, and a couple of Margaritas?  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

A great big boggie to pick out your nose!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on May 13, 2016, 12:45:07 PM
A great big boggie to pick out your nose!

Wut

:rofl:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

On Monday I'm staying home. :grin: Extended weekend!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

So after having gotten my dads boat out of winter storage last week, today we decided to go fishing to inaugurate the 2016 boating season.

Caught three cod. Only one big enough to keep. The highlight of the day was definitely that my dad caught nothing.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Arturo

This hat. Because Comic Con.

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱