News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 04, 2016, 02:39:56 PM
Excellent news Firebird, very happy you and your family...don't remember you mentioning before that you knew baby was going to be a girl (Maybe I forgot), but that is exciting.
Congratulations!

I don't think I'd mentioned it yet. Wanted to make sure all was well before celebrating.
Thank you all! Now need to figure out names. And daycare. ANd the nursery. And FSM knows what else. But not complaining!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on May 04, 2016, 01:51:10 PM
Some of you may recall my wife and I had a scary test result with her pregnancy, potentially showing we were both carriers for Tay Sachs.
We did another round of more thorough genetic tests and got the results yesterday. No mutations. Not carriers. Our daughter is OK. Yes, it's a she. So relieved.
Bloody marvellous!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Firebird on May 04, 2016, 04:35:39 PM
Excellent news Firebird, very happy you and your family...don't remember you mentioning before that you knew baby was going to be a girl (Maybe I forgot), but that is exciting.
Congratulations!

I don't think I'd mentioned it yet. Wanted to make sure all was well before celebrating.
Thank you all! Now need to figure out names. And daycare. ANd the nursery. And FSM knows what else. But not complaining!

Well Bruno seems to be the go-to guy for names so you could always ask him.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Claireliontamer

Some of you may recall my wife and I had a scary test result with her pregnancy, potentially showing we were both carriers for Tay Sachs.
We did another round of more thorough genetic tests and got the results yesterday. No mutations. Not carriers. Our daughter is OK. Yes, it's a she. So relieved. 

:) :) :) :)  I'd been thinking about you both and so am happy for you that everything is okay.

And girls are the best :)

Velma

Excellent news, Firebird!

:cheerleader: :party:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Congratulations!

Wonderful news!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tom62

Hurray, my wife loves me a lot. She bought for me a licorice blue cheese with a chocolate crust. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tom62 on May 04, 2016, 09:40:49 PM
Hurray, my wife loves me a lot. She bought for me a licorice blue cheese with a chocolate crust.

Maybe it's just me Tom, but I think you got your signals crossed buddy.

Imagine if I were to write the following, "Yo, my wife loves me a lot. She bought for me possum road kill Limburger cheese with a caramel crust."?

Just saying Yo

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 04, 2016, 06:34:19 PM
Congratulations!

Well Bruno seems to be the go-to guy for names so you could always ask him.  ;D

Yes, that is correct I'm the go to guy for names, Guardian can do a wonderful Nursery for you, he's great at that...especially for a girl.
And as for Daycare I think Bud would make a great Nanny

Firebird

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 04, 2016, 11:18:23 PM
Yes, that is correct I'm the go to guy for names, Guardian can do a wonderful Nursery for you, he's great at that...especially for a girl.

Awesome! Thanks guys! And who's in charge of diaper-changing and the college fund?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on May 04, 2016, 11:46:31 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 04, 2016, 11:18:23 PM

Awesome! Thanks guys! And who's in charge of diaper-changing and the college fund?

Well, I have almost no sense of smell, and 3 younger brothers worth of past experience, so I think I can take on the diaper duty.   :rimshot:  Not sure about the college fund -- do we have anyone here who's insanely rich?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Siz

Quote from: Tom62 on May 04, 2016, 09:40:49 PM

POINH

Trying to suppress my gag reflex right now but that's the kind of dumbass combo that might actually work. Wine pairing might be an issue...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

That's great news, Firebird!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Yes great news Firebird and Mrs Firebird have been relieved of fear.
I'm entirely ignorant of this, was the fear appropriate or has free enterprise got itself a new thing?

Sorry

Daughters are the best.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Daughters are great, but...boys are easier.

I have both a son and daughter, and I drove each one to school (High School) on may way to work each morning.

My son could wake up, eat, get cleaned and dressed, and be in the car in 15 minutes, in four years he hardly ever made me wait. Daughter on the other hand...she was up 1 an a half to two hours before we had to leave, and pushed my patience to the tipping point on more than one occasion.

I had to wait for her constantly, sitting there in the driveway, honking the horn,.. and then I would arrive late to work. My boss could tell when she was on break from school because I was getting to the office early on those weeks, and he would also joke that I seemed happier and less stressed during school holidays.

Last year when my daughter was getting married, and her and I were waiting to take our turn down the isle we joked about it this very thing...truth be told I wouldn't change it for anything.  8)