News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

Good news Velma, you're right you were due some good karma!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

I was cold and now I just ate some warm pizza rolls.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Buddy

Had a great time at a Mini rally today. People were pulling over to take pictures and videos of us. Charlie did really well keeping up with the fancy Cooper Ss and I even won a bucket of detailing supplies. Very good day.  ;D

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

You are having way too much fun with that little thing.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

I'm just getting my money's worth. And then some. I waited damn near long enough to get this car so I'm going to enjoy it.   ;)

The black car in front of me in the picture had a sticker that said, "I don't chase boys, I pass them." I need that sticker so bad.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 01, 2016, 12:10:35 AM
Had a great time at a Mini rally today. People were pulling over to take pictures and videos of us. Charlie did really well keeping up with the fancy Cooper Ss and I even won a bucket of detailing supplies. Very good day.  ;D

What fun  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Glad to see you having fun, Buddy - but don't forget the poor old horses!

Biggus Dickus

That is cool Bud, glad to see you're enjoying the new wheels...I'm trying to imagine the thunderous roar such a line of Mini's would produce as they drive by, shaking folks out of their beds and homes. ;D

Firebird

Some of you may recall my wife and I had a scary test result with her pregnancy, potentially showing we were both carriers for Tay Sachs.
We did another round of more thorough genetic tests and got the results yesterday. No mutations. Not carriers. Our daughter is OK. Yes, it's a she. So relieved. 
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on May 04, 2016, 01:51:10 PM
Some of you may recall my wife and I had a scary test result with her pregnancy, potentially showing we were both carriers for Tay Sachs.
We did another round of more thorough genetic tests and got the results yesterday. No mutations. Not carriers. Our daughter is OK. Yes, it's a she. So relieved.
That's great news, I'm happy for you and your family. :)
It's a girl!  It's a girl!

:frolic:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Excellent news Firebird, very happy you and your family...don't remember you mentioning before that you knew baby was going to be a girl (Maybe I forgot), but that is exciting.
Congratulations!

Buddy

That's wonderful news Firebird!!!

Guardian85

:beer:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-