News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

It makes a big difference.

I've not driven since I broke my knee. Today, we went out to an empty parking lot and I drove around a bit. It was both painful and against doctor's orders, but it is good to know I can do it if I have to.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

OldGit

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Velma on April 17, 2016, 10:13:44 PM
It makes a big difference.

I've not driven since I broke my knee. Today, we went out to an empty parking lot and I drove around a bit. It was both painful and against doctor's orders, but it is good to know I can do it if I have to.

I'm sure all the other drivers on the road are happy to know you are out there driving as well....tsk, tsk Velma ;D

Just kidding, good for you Velma...my wife injured her leg/knee some years ago, and we ended up getting her these extensions that clipped to the pedals.
This allowed her to not have to reach out and stretch her leg so much which caused her some pain and discomfort when she drove.

Maybe that could be an option for you once you get back out on the open highway?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Essie Mae

[/URL][/img]

Yesterday I visited the Classic Car and Boot Sale in London at the Kings Cross Development. There were vintage stalls selling 1940s and 1950s furniture; household goods such as radios; record players; crockery and vinyl LPs, (vinyl is very big here in UK at the moment - is it the same in US?) posters, magazines and shelf units.  Many of the stallholders were dressed in 1940s outfits, and looked fabulous. The highlight was the classic cars - the 1940s and 50s Cadillacs and Chevvys were just sooooo cool; no cars since come even close. The Morgan is now only second on my list of what-I-am-going-to-buy-when-I-win-the-lottery-list; a 1950s Cadillac or Chevrolet is now top.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

^

I tried but I couldn't get those image links to work. :(

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Tomorrow is a holiday!  :jumps:

Friday is an ordinary day, though.  :sad sigh:

No extended super weekend this time.

Guardian85

Just did my taxes.   :???:

Not usually a cause for joy, But it seems the government owes me 5300NOK. ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Siz

Lakrids salted caramel liquorice - OMG, only the most orgasmic substance ever to pass my lips. Thank you MrsSiz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tom62

Quote from: Siz on April 27, 2016, 12:45:07 AM
Lakrids salted caramel liquorice - OMG, only the most orgasmic substance ever to pass my lips. Thank you MrsSiz

Mrs. Siz must love you a lot, because that licorice is friggin' good (and expensive)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Velma

Quote from: Siz on April 27, 2016, 12:45:07 AM

That just made me all tingly. I must acquire this substance!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

Completely forgot why I came to this thread... :d'oh!:

FINALLY got my second opinion today about my knee replacement. The second doctor (Dr. Perry) agreed with the first doctor (Dr. Hulsey) that it is necessary. I also found out that not only does my rheumatologist think highly of Dr. Hulsey, but Dr. Perry does also. In fact, Dr. Perry sent his mother to Dr. Hulsey to have her knee replacement done. Apparently my Workers' Compensation caseworker randomly assigned me to one of the best orthopedists in the state if not in the entire Mid-Western US. Most doctors of that caliber don't accept Workers' Compensation cases. Well, I suppose I was due  a bit of luck.  :D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on April 28, 2016, 07:25:17 AM
Completely forgot why I came to this thread... :d'oh!:

FINALLY got my second opinion today about my knee replacement. The second doctor (Dr. Perry) agreed with the first doctor (Dr. Hulsey) that it is necessary. I also found out that not only does my rheumatologist think highly of Dr. Hulsey, but Dr. Perry does also. In fact, Dr. Perry sent his mother to Dr. Hulsey to have her knee replacement done. Apparently my Workers' Compensation caseworker randomly assigned me to one of the best orthopedists in the state if not in the entire Mid-Western US. Most doctors of that caliber don't accept Workers' Compensation cases. Well, I suppose I was due  a bit of luck.  :D

I should say so.  Wow!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

Essie Mae

Excellent Velma. Best wishes
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

That's great, Velma! What a stroke of luck!