News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 29, 2016, 01:37:32 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
That sounds very enjoyable indeed. And why are American women fat?

Actually more American men are overweight than women.

Americans are fat in general. The average BMI for men is 28.7 and 28.6 for women, The healthy range is 18.5 to 24.9 for a young to middle aged adults, anything above is considered overweight.
Retired member.

Ecurb Noselrub

What is cheerful about us being fat?

Icarus

Cheerful because I was pleased with my house guest, his gentlemanly manners, and his talent with a musical instrument,. The remark about Americans being fat was an observation not a criticism. What the hell, maybe Lithuanians are generally undernourished.

Crow

Quote from: Icarus on March 30, 2016, 05:16:46 AM
Cheerful because I was pleased with my house guest, his gentlemanly manners, and his talent with a musical instrument,. The remark about Americans being fat was an observation not a criticism. What the hell, maybe Lithuanians are generally undernourished.

His observation was correct. Americans are fat. It is something you notice within a few seconds of getting off the plane. The norm is overweight (that is beginning to be the same over here), you regularly see obese people and at least one whale of a person a day, the likes I have only seen in media and in the US. I am still haunted by visions of a lady at a buffet in Florida resting a plate on her belly with another full plate in her hand and the serving spoon in the other. If getting as much food as possible in one trip from a buffet cart was the peak survival ability she would have evolved to be the apex of the species.
Retired member.

Buddy

I got my old job at the military academy back!!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2016, 06:52:31 PM
I got my old job at the military academy back!!
Refresh my memory, I slept last night.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

The military academy horse barn that I worked at before I went to college offered me a part time position.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2016, 08:05:31 PM
The military academy horse barn that I worked at before I went to college offered me a part time position.
Awesome!

Assuming this is a good thing I am really happy for you.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2016, 08:05:31 PM
So you know the people and you like the place?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Michael1

I liked the earth before it was cool.

Harmonie

Just one shift away from an eleven day vacation.  ;D

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tank

Quote from: Harmonie on April 01, 2016, 03:23:44 AM
Would you like an eleven day ban so you do things in the real world?

Harmonie

Quote from: Tank on April 01, 2016, 08:21:03 AM
Quote from: Harmonie on April 01, 2016, 03:23:44 AM
Would you like an eleven day ban so you do things in the real world?

Oh? No thanks.

Pft... the real world. I'll spend my vacation doing what I normally do when I'm off! I wouldn't have it any other way. lol (well, I really could use more of a social life...)

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Icarus

Could not find the old thread titled Videos worth watching.....so ..............  Buddy might like this one. https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Y5XJbSqwriM?rel=0

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on April 01, 2016, 07:00:30 PM
Could not find the old thread titled Videos worth watching.....so ..............  Buddy might like this one. https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Y5XJbSqwriM?rel=0

Hey Icarus, they moved it to the Media section, the thread you were looking for, anyway...beautiful horses, hair is Jet Black like Elvis.

Question, is it natural for horses to high step that way? Seems like it would be sorta of uncomfortable for them, have always wondered that.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."