News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

My midterm grade for anatomy/physiology was 92% which I am assuming was the result of black magic because anatomy is hard af.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 17, 2016, 02:27:31 PM
My midterm grade for anatomy/physiology was 92% which I am assuming was the result of black magic because anatomy is hard af.
Congrats!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Obviously not that hard, just grueling!  Congratulations.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Not surprised. But very well done none the less.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Well done, Buddy.  Is that horse- or human anatomy?

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on March 18, 2016, 09:38:47 AM

Human. Of course, once you know one it is pretty similar to the other.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 18, 2016, 01:40:53 PM
Quote from: OldGit on March 18, 2016, 09:38:47 AM

Human. Of course, once you know one it is pretty similar to the other.

Yes, well done on your mid-term Bud...keep it up.

I'm pretty cheerful this morning, not sure why, maybe because it's Friday and so far I've had an enjoyable morning. Got up early and did 30 minutes of yoga, then had my normal cup of hot matcha with honey.
It's clear and sunny out, but a bit chilly (30F this morning) which I enjoy, because it makes everything crisp and sharp. So when you walk on the grass it sort of crackles under your boots.
Stopped and got a coffee at my regular shoppe on the way into the office, gabbed for a few minutes with some of the other regulars and baristas and then had an enjoyable drive.
Although I've been busy so far this morning it's been a relaxed, and casual day so far...will probably get out early this afternoon because the VP is a Michigan State graduate and they have their first game today in the NCAA tournament.

Yesterday was similarly a nice day as well, though a bit warmer. Followed the same routine as today more or less. Enjoyed a nice bowl of Spicy Kale soup at lunch, along with a fresh fruit bowl.

Had to run a couple wheels over to our warehouse early in the afternoon as these only just received appearance approval from GM (New Production Parts) so it was nice to get them out of the office, as well as get the brutal appearance process over with so now our plant can begin regular production.

Stopped by the gym for a quick workout, and then headed home and hung out with my son for a while, we watched TV for about 2 hours, (90 minutes or so to be honest) and then the two of us went out for Sushi.

It was nice to get a chance to hang out with him, normally during the week we only pass each other coming in and out of the house, but he's on break from College right now.
We are thinking of hanging out this Saturday as well, maybe run into an area of Detroit they call Mexican Town and pick up some Tamales.

Came home after our delicious dinner, make a pot of tea and read for a while, then to bed, but all in all a very nice cheerful day.
You know you have to be grateful for days like that, and learn to cherish them.

Oh, I almost forgot, silly me....those wonderful, brilliant lads from Liverpool celebrated victory yesterday in the first European meeting between them and that other team,... along with securing a place in the last eight of the Europa League.

It's must have been awful for fans from that other team in attendance to have to suffer hearing all those songs of celebration from the 3,000 handsome, well behaved, and beautiful Liverpool fans who were tucked away in one corner of the stadium as they celebrated.

Also have to say that although many United supporters might feel their team is better off without "The Rooney" apparently this team still misses him very, very badly.

Anyway Jurgen Klopp has been handed a return to Borussia Dortmund, were the Reds will face the German side in the Europa League quarter-finals.

GO REDS!! ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 18, 2016, 02:50:59 PM
It's must have been awful for fans from that other team in attendance to have to suffer hearing all those songs of celebration from the 3,000 handsome, well behaved, and beautiful Liverpool fans who were tucked away in one corner of the stadium as they celebrated.

Also have to say that although many United supporters might feel their team is better off without "The Rooney" apparently this team still misses him very, very badly.

Anyway Jurgen Klopp has been handed a return to Borussia Dortmund, were the Reds will face the German side in the Europa League quarter-finals.

GO REDS!! ;D

Did you watch it with your son? Did you torment him whilst watching it?

Now you have to face a proper team. I just hope Liverpool knackered out United for Sunday.
Retired member.

Recusant

Quote from: Tank on March 15, 2016, 06:50:04 PM
My younger daughter just showed me the 14 week ultrasound for my next grandchild. Due mid September  :dance:

Another tanklet. Good to hear.  :hug:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Crow on March 18, 2016, 04:38:00 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 18, 2016, 02:50:59 PM

GO REDS!! ;D

Did you watch it with your son? Did you torment him whilst watching it?

Now you have to face a proper team. I just hope Liverpool knackered out United for Sunday.

Yes we watched the game together, but no I didn't torment him...Man U accomplished that act all on their own. Actually his love for soccer and Man U. is not what it used to be, simply because he is too busy currently with school, work and his social life. He rarely watches sporting events, and if he does it's only MMA.

I had to bribe him to watch the game with me, the bribe consisting of taking him out to dinner for Sushi.

It was an enjoyable game for us, and fun to watch...and we both agree that de Gea is an awesome keeper.

We'll see how it goes against Dortmund.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 18, 2016, 09:10:57 PM
Actually his love for soccer and Man U. is not what it used to be

Tends to happen when a lot of fans jump on board because a club plays well and then when they don't they lose interest.

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 18, 2016, 09:10:57 PM
I had to bribe him to watch the game with me, the bribe consisting of taking him out to dinner for Sushi.

I think you would need to bribe most people to watch them.

Hope the sushi was good.
Retired member.

Guardian85

Quote from: Recusant on March 18, 2016, 07:04:43 PM
My younger daughter just showed me the 14 week ultrasound for my next grandchild. Due mid September  :dance:

Another tanklet. Good to hear.  :hug:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

That is wonderful news! Congratulations!  :frolic:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

Had a fantastic day. There were about 40 Minis that showed up to the rally. Met some really nice people and had a blast driving some bendy roads. Can't wait for the next one in a month.

Charlie made many a friend