News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on March 14, 2016, 06:30:43 AM
Quote from: Firebird on March 14, 2016, 12:32:13 AM
Ran my first official 5k today
Bloody well done!

Yes awesome job Bird on Fire, do you know your time?

I'm bloody cheerful, because I just let the folks here in the office know that I'm going to be leaving a bit early this Thursday so I watch the Mighty Lads from Liverpool beat that depressing crew from Manchester. (Scheduled my DVR to record so I don't miss a second, game starts at 4pm EST)
:thumbsup:
Should be a fun time, only need to decide what I should pick up to eat whilst I watch the game, maybe some Gyro's from Greek Town?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 14, 2016, 02:31:14 PM
Bloody well done!

Thanks! 33:11. Not great, but the fastest I've done thus far. Had to stop to walk a couple of times, hopefully can build up my endurance a little more.

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Claireliontamer

Bloody well done!

I'm bloody cheerful, because I just let the folks here in the office know that I'm going to be leaving a bit early this Thursday so I watch the Mighty Lads from Liverpool beat that depressing crew from Manchester. (Scheduled my DVR to record so I don't miss a second, game starts at 4pm EST)
Should be a fun time, only need to decide what I should pick up to eat whilst I watch the game, maybe some Gyro's from Greek Town?

If you're going authentic English football it needs to be a pie.  Preferably meat with gravy.  Or as it's Liverpool you could try Scouse.

Davin

Quote from: Firebird on March 14, 2016, 03:02:11 PM
Bloody well done!

Thanks! 33:11. Not great, but the fastest I've done thus far. Had to stop to walk a couple of times, hopefully can build up my endurance a little more.
That was about the time of my first 5k too (was actually somewhere around 34 minutes, but it was ≈800km longer than a 5k). I trained for 5k and a few hundred feet after I hit 5k, I pretty much died, slowed to about 4.5mph and also ended up walking for a little while. But I did do better the next year and even better the year after that.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

800 km longer than expected! I'm surprised you didn't actually die Davin. That's like... really far. ;)

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 14, 2016, 05:20:40 PM
Bloody well done!

If you're going authentic English football it needs to be a pie.  Preferably meat with gravy.  Or as it's Liverpool you could try Scouse.

My Dear Claire, I'm going Soccer, so it's either Gyro's or Philly Cheese Steaks  :snooty:...and I'm really not sure about your English pies, remind me too much of Mrs. Lovett's.

I'm also not sure what Scouse means, it's a proper dialect I presume?

By the way is no one else on this entire forum a Liverpool fan but me?

I can't believe you are all Manchester United fans, does that include Siz and Tank?.

I know Crow is, I mean it's quite obvious he's a fan of Man. U what with those twin Rooney tattoos he's got on both biceps.

Interesting, very interesting.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 14, 2016, 07:38:36 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 14, 2016, 05:20:40 PM
Bloody well done!

My Dear Claire, I'm going Soccer, so it's either Gyro's or Philly Cheese Steaks  :snooty:...and I'm really not sure about your English pies, remind me too much of Mrs. Lovett's.

I'm also not sure what Scouse means, it's a proper dialect I presume?

By the way is no one else on this entire forum a Liverpool fan but me?

I can't believe you are all Manchester United fans, does that include Siz and Tank?.

I know Crow is, I mean it's quite obvious he's a fan of Man. U what with those twin Rooney tattoos he's got on both biceps.

Scouse is indeed a dialect but it's also a Liverpool stew....http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/298/scouse.aspx ideal for cold nights on the terrace watching football.

And...here's Crow.  His tattoos are covered though:

Magdalena

Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 14, 2016, 08:03:25 PM

And...here's Crow.  His tattoos are covered though:

Crow!! Oh my Asmo! You're so young! I thought you were much older! You're just a baby! Are you 16? So when you said, "I think I'm starting to get the older men with younger women thing now." You must have been talking about a 15-year-old!
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: jumbojak on March 14, 2016, 07:29:17 PM
800 km longer than expected! I'm surprised you didn't actually die Davin. That's like... really far. ;)
lol, right, I mean 800m, it was about 5.8k instead of 5k.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Quote from: Davin on March 14, 2016, 08:30:25 PM

Ha, that threw me off too.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on March 14, 2016, 08:30:25 PM

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Siz

Quote from: Bruno

[/quote

Siz has not much interest in football. My most local big team is Chelsea but I also have Fulham, Arsenal and Tottenham close by.

Rugby makes me cheerful though. I'm a stones throw from Twickenham - I used to be able to see the pitch from the roof of my college until they built the 'new' stands.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Sandra Craft

I didn't know I needed this until I clicked on it:Vincent Price's evil laugh
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany