News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

You can't have too many sockets, especially deep ones.  What do you use in the US, metric or Imperial?  I still have a lot of the ancient BSF/BA and Whitworth sockets, then in the 70s I had to re-equip with Unified.  Now it's all metric.

xSilverPhinx

There's no reason to be cheerful, I just am at the moment.  :jumps:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: OldGit on March 07, 2016, 09:10:08 PM
You can't have too many sockets, especially deep ones.  What do you use in the US, metric or Imperial?  I still have a lot of the ancient BSF/BA and Whitworth sockets, then in the 70s I had to re-equip with Unified.  Now it's all metric.

We've been transitioning from imperial to metric for years. There are still holdouts, though I assume they have never tried drilling and tapping a hole for !/4 - 20 threads with a fractional drill index... they moan about a decimalized system without realizing you have to decimalize measurements to actually USE a fractional system. Metric makes those sorts of tasks so much simpler in terms of the tooling you need.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

chimp3

There is at least one perk with a President Donald Trump .The comedy will get better. Maybe Lewis Black will have something to be really angry about again. Yea!
I doubt it!

Icarus

Lewis Black is always angry. He makes the feigned anger hilarious.   ;D

Biggus Dickus

How about the lovely lads from Liverpool beating those poor sods from Manchester United 2-0 yesterday?

That should have cheered everyone up here!!
:dance: :cheerleader: :cheerful dance 2: :clapping: :shooty: :postoday: :terrapin: :headbang:

I know I'm very, very cheery now...in case you missed it below is the highlight reel (I would mute it because the music sucks)

Enjoy, especially at the 2:28 mark!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 11, 2016, 01:20:42 PM
How about the lovely lads from Liverpool beating beating those poor sods from Manchester United 2-0 yesterday?

:dance: :cheerleader: :cheerful dance 2: :clapping: :shooty: :postoday: :terrapin: :headbang:

I know I'm very, very cheery now...in case you missed it below is the highlight reel (I would mute it because the music sucks)

:la la la la:

Crow

How about the lovely lads from Liverpool beating those poor sods from Manchester United 2-0 yesterday?

You still have another leg to go.
Retired member.

Nam

Well, I have a toothache since four days ago. Peanut butter helps a lot. Cheaper than oral gel. I had three jars, they're all gone. So, I drove 14 miles to the nearest grocery store (I live in the boonies) and since I don't go to town often, I decided to get other things (juice, milk, other food and folding chairs) and I get back home and guess what I forgot to get? Yep! Peanut butter. The one main thing I went all the way to town to get, I forgot to get. Sucks for me.

What's cheerful about that?

Well, I take care, full-time, my mother who has an auto-immune disease that gives her low blood pressure, and makes her faint a lot. She needs 24 hour care, and the only "job" I have is picking up pecans from her 5 acres (plus my aunt's 5 acres, and my uncle's other 5 acres, 15 in total) and selling them; about 30 pecan trees in total.

Well, my mother's in debt with hospital and credit cards (about $5,000) and today she tried to get a $1700 loan with 36% interest rate and I was against it. It may help her pay some of her debt but then have that huge debt in its place, and she was not listening to me. She rarely does even though I am only looking out for her best interests.

So, I tried calling my brother but I forgot he and my sister went to England on vacation and then I talked to my mom's sister-in-law (we used to hate each other, weird that we get along now) and she was going to get her husband (my uncle; my mom's brother) to be the "bad guy" and talk my mom out of it. But I didn't want him to be the bad guy, so I tried one more time. And I was able to finally convince her it was a horrible idea.

So, though I have to suffer in toothy pain, at least I talked my mom out of a horrible decision she was going to make.

-Nam

I'm on the road less traveled...

Crow

Oh here is an oldie for you Bruno.

From Real Madrid to Newcastle.
Retired member.

Icarus

Nam, a loan at 36% interest sounds like either Usury or a gangster loan shark operation. I'm glad that you were able to reason with her.

If you are picking up pecans you must be somewhere in Georgia or South Carolina. I am in Florida. My back yard has two pecan trees that annually produce thousands of nuts. Not a damned one of them are edible. The squirrels don't even like them but they do tear a lot of them off the trees. My lawn mower picks up the drops and converts them to projectiles. I'd have those trees cut down but they do provide a pleasant shady area in summer. 

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Crow on March 12, 2016, 12:46:05 AM

Oh here is an oldie for you Bruno.

From Real Madrid to Newcastle.

I say best of luck Rafa.
Except of course v LFC.

He's a good man
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Nam

Quote from: Icarus on March 12, 2016, 02:36:10 AM
Nam, a loan at 36% interest sounds like either Usury or a gangster loan shark operation. I'm glad that you were able to reason with her.

That's what I was thinking. She did something I couldn't stop because I walked in her room as she was doing it, she gave the person her SS#.

The place is legitimate, though, so at least that's good.

QuoteIf you are picking up pecans you must be somewhere in Georgia or South Carolina. I am in Florida. My back yard has two pecan trees that annually produce thousands of nuts. Not a damned one of them are edible. The squirrels don't even like them but they do tear a lot of them off the trees. My lawn mower picks up the drops and converts them to projectiles. I'd have those trees cut down but they do provide a pleasant shady area in summer. 

I live in Suwannee County, Florida.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Firebird

Ran my first official 5k today
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.