News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 10:28:02 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2016, 10:23:16 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 08:49:43 PM
Quote from: Crow on February 22, 2016, 08:46:36 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 08:44:26 PM
Apparently the 'Americans call it a casserole..... Never ever try it, it's revolting!

Do you mean beans in soup? Like a bean of some sort and mushroom soup.

The recipe JJ told me to make involved a tin of green beans and a tin of Campbell's mushroom soup. You basically mix them together and bake in the oven.....he assures me it wasn't a joke!
I'm going to try that!

I am taking no responsibility for it.....yuck!

It's green bean casserole -- a traditional dish served at Thanksgiving and Xmas dinner! 

For Tank:  the classic recipe
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Siz

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2016, 04:30:22 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 04:10:19 PM
I'm not sure I've ever actually had an oreo.

Anyway, there are some good biscuits out there.....Scottish shortbread, chocolate Leibniz, Lebkuchen, chocolate and hazelnut biscotti....
I tried half of one once. I think that gives you an idea that you're not missing out  :grin:

Sickly. They taste like they were conceived and baked by Leutenant Commander Data, without the ability to actually taste what 'he' had made.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Nam

I made hamburger helper for dinner. Didn't have hamburger so I used sausage. Wasn't bad.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

jumbojak

Claire forgot to mention that she didn't properly prepare the casserole...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Claireliontamer

Yes because even though the recipe (the same one Sandy posted above) says.... "Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole." Apparently, you're not actually supposed to put in milk or soy sauce.......it's like some bizarre code!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on February 23, 2016, 01:24:37 AM
Claire forgot to mention that she didn't properly prepare the casserole...

Here's a recipe for it that switches out the fried onions for parmesan cheese and bacon: green bean casserole remix.  Tho personally I like the tacky little fried onions.
Sandy

Tank

It does sound nice. Thanks for the resrpies
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Heather's and Elizabeth's responses cheered me up!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

^^ I think the 14 chihuahuas lady is a bit extreme, but she's definitely on the right track.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

I feel productive today.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 02, 2016, 06:45:02 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2016, 12:20:15 AM
I feel productive today.  ;D
That's because you got up early :)

That's true. This is going to be another productive day.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I got a job and approved for a loan today and I go to look at a car tomorrow. Go me I guess.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 04, 2016, 11:46:01 PM
I got a job and approved for a loan today and I go to look at a car tomorrow. Go me I guess.
Welcome back Bud,...and as a welcome back gift I give you a chocolate Cumberbatch!

Congratulations as well on the job, loan and new car,...I guess? (What's the job by the way?)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

Thanks for the chocolate.  ;D

It's just a stable hand job at a small boarding barn near where I go to school. Not something that I really wanted to get back in to, but it's work so I can't complain. Getting a job is the only reason I was even able to think about asking for a loan for a car and that is what I am most excited about. Link to the ad here if anyone is curious. I'm bribing my stepdad with buying him dinner to come with me to the dealership haha.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.