News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

I'm not sure I've ever actually had an oreo.

Anyway, there are some good biscuits out there.....Scottish shortbread, chocolate Leibniz, Lebkuchen, chocolate and hazelnut biscotti....

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 04:10:19 PM
I'm not sure I've ever actually had an oreo.

Anyway, there are some good biscuits out there.....Scottish shortbread, chocolate Leibniz, Lebkuchen, chocolate and hazelnut biscotti....
I tried half of one once. I think that gives you an idea that you're not missing out  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Radiant on February 22, 2016, 03:23:45 PM
Taste like chocolate to me, although I don't have much experience with chocolate cookies.

Custard creams? What are those? I love custard, so that sounds good!

Have you ever eaten chocolate before? These are custard creams:

There is one type of biscuit I think is good but I don't know what they are called. They are a mix between a almond thin and a lingue di gatto. Crisp around the edge with a slightly softer centre, have a bite to them but not enough to shatter or crumble and enough moister not to be drying but not enough to be chewy, the biscuit has a light vanilla taste and includes very finely shaved almonds. Excellent with an espresso.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Florentines are also good. How could I forget the best of them all.....the fig roll (fig newton). I've heard they're good dipped in Scotch ;)

jumbojak

Oreos  are for dunking in milk. Saturate until to cookie is just about to disintegrate and then devour. An excellent cookie. You Brits just tried to eat them the wrong way.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Claireliontamer

Quote from: jumbojak on February 22, 2016, 05:54:42 PM
Oreos  are for dunking in milk. Saturate until to cookie is just about to disintegrate and then devour. An excellent cookie. You Brits just tried to eat them the wrong way.

That sounds as bad as beans dipped in mushroom soup!

Harmonie

Quote from: Crow on February 22, 2016, 04:40:58 PM
Taste like chocolate to me, although I don't have much experience with chocolate cookies.

1. Why yes, I have. In fact, I've been indulging myself in it far too much lately. >.<

2. Oh, so they're cookies? Makes sense with the subject, I suppose. I was expecting something custard! Are they like custard flavored cookies or something? (not sure how that would work... I only think of custard in one way. lol)

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 06:11:53 PM

Nothing mushroom could ever be good. Leave those things in the ground!  :lol:

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Velma

Oreos are probably more of an American thing - a snack food that has become a cultural icon. In the past few years, they have been trying to increase interest by putting out "special editions" such as cinnamon bun and lime.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Radiant on February 22, 2016, 07:48:21 PM
Quote from: Crow on February 22, 2016, 04:40:58 PM

1. Why yes, I have. In fact, I've been indulging myself in it far too much lately. >.<

2. Oh, so they're cookies? Makes sense with the subject, I suppose. I was expecting something custard! Are they like custard flavored cookies or something? (not sure how that would work... I only think of custard in one way. lol)

They're a very hard and brittle vanilla biscuit with a sweet creamy filling. They're overly sweet for my taste and really not very good but they're a bit of a British classic.

Crow

How do you dip beans in mushroom soup, one by one? Sounds a bit tiresome.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on February 22, 2016, 08:42:47 PM

How do you dip beans in mushroom soup, one by one? Sounds a bit tiresome.

Apparently the 'Americans call it a casserole..... Never ever try it, it's revolting!

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 08:44:26 PM
Apparently the 'Americans call it a casserole..... Never ever try it, it's revolting!

Do you mean beans in soup? Like a bean of some sort and mushroom soup.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on February 22, 2016, 08:46:36 PM

The recipe JJ told me to make involved a tin of green beans and a tin of Campbell's mushroom soup. You basically mix them together and bake in the oven.....he assures me it wasn't a joke!

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 08:49:43 PM

The recipe JJ told me to make involved a tin of green beans and a tin of Campbell's mushroom soup. You basically mix them together and bake in the oven.....he assures me it wasn't a joke!
I'm going to try that!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2016, 10:23:16 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 22, 2016, 08:49:43 PM

I'm going to try that!

I am taking no responsibility for it.....yuck!