News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

It will be most probably be late summer or early fall before we get it because we have to wait until I can drive and we reach a settlement. However, it is something to look forward to. Neither of us has had a new car in well over a decade.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on February 17, 2016, 06:18:54 PM
It will be most probably be late summer or early fall before we get it because we have to wait until I can drive and we reach a settlement. However, it is something to look forward to. Neither of us has had a new car in well over a decade.

Till then, it'll be fun looking on car sites and deciding which one you'd buy, if you were buying now.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Firebird

Some idiot coder made a mistake years ago that's coming back to bite us, so I'm gonna be working real late tonight. But I'm at home, in my own office, drinking wine and listening to Amy Winehouse, and I'll sleep in. Life ain't that bad.

x-posted from Facebook admittedly, forgive me  :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 17, 2016, 09:58:07 PM
Quote from: Velma on February 17, 2016, 06:18:54 PM

Till then, it'll be fun looking on car sites and deciding which one you'd buy, if you were buying now.
Very true. We've already driven through a couple of new car lots just to see what was available.  :D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on February 18, 2016, 04:30:00 AM
Some idiot coder made a mistake years ago that's coming back to bite us, so I'm gonna be working real late tonight. But I'm at home, in my own office, drinking wine and listening to Amy Winehouse, and I'll sleep in. Life ain't that bad.

x-posted from Facebook admittedly, forgive me  :)

As long as I could work from home, I was usually happy.  PJs and fuzzy slippers could make even a quarterly report a breeze.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

I would love more than anything to work from home. Unfortunately I've yet to find a career that lends itself to it... Other than the petsitting, which was more having your home slowly destroyed without any rest.

4 more hours left in my work week!

Velma

So, Cinnamon bun flavored Oreos are a thing - and they are wonderful!  ;D

Harmonie

Quote from: Velma on February 20, 2016, 07:40:54 PM

I got a pack of those a couple of weeks ago, but am yet to open them. Good to hear they are worth it!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tank

Quote from: Radiant on February 22, 2016, 09:38:46 AM

I got a pack of those a couple of weeks ago, but am yet to open them. Good to hear they are worth it!
How do you do that! I'd have to try one just to see what it was like!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Harmonie

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2016, 10:22:58 AM
Quote from: Radiant on February 22, 2016, 09:38:46 AM

How do you do that! I'd have to try one just to see what it was like!

I don't know, I am very routine with my schedules as of late. That includes what I eat. Trying something new is simply not a part of that routine, and thus it can be hard to get me to do it.

I think it took me a couple of months to get around to trying the Pumpkin Spice kind, and I didn't even like it. lol

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Crow

Oreos are the vilest of biscuits. The biscuit is like grit and the creme is just I don't know what as there is practically no flavour. Biscuits are one of the worst forms of confectionery anyway so Oreos being low down on that list makes them pretty damn bad.
Retired member.

Harmonie

Quote from: Crow on February 22, 2016, 01:13:13 PM
Oreos are the vilest of biscuits. The biscuit is like grit and the creme is just I don't know what as there is practically no flavour. Biscuits are one of the worst forms of confectionery anyway so Oreos being low down on that list makes them pretty damn bad.

What?! When I think of what you're describing, I think more of wafers. Those things are tasteless collections of sugar. I can't stand them... But Oreos? Those are delicious. Especially the original chocolate ones.

Guardian85

I love cinnamon buns, but I'm not fond of Oreos..... I is confused. :???:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Crow

Quote from: Radiant on February 22, 2016, 01:23:37 PM

What?! When I think of what you're describing, I think more of wafers. Those things are tasteless collections of sugar. I can't stand them... But Oreos? Those are delicious. Especially the original chocolate ones.

Chocolate? They taste nothing like chocolate, vile. Waffers are gross as well as are custard creams and bourbons (at least they taste a bit like chocolate).
Retired member.

Harmonie

Quote from: Crow on February 22, 2016, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: Radiant on February 22, 2016, 01:23:37 PM

Chocolate? They taste nothing like chocolate, vile. Waffers are gross as well as are custard creams and bourbons (at least they taste a bit like chocolate).

Taste like chocolate to me, although I don't have much experience with chocolate cookies.

Custard creams? What are those? I love custard, so that sounds good!