News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Quote from: OldGit on December 14, 2015, 09:28:07 AM
E-M, I trust you used the toilet in St Martins, thus fulfilling the ancient prophecy: She crept into the crypt, crapped and crept out again.

Of course :grin: :grin: that's actually why we went there in the first place, and only then did we see how good the food was. So I'll have to amend the ancient prophecy:

She crept into the crypt, crapped, ate and crept out again.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Harmonie

I got Christmas night off this year (for my birthday which is day after), so I get tonight and tomorrow night off! An extra weekend! I come back Saturday night and then I'm off for two nights again. :D

I'm a little ecstatic here for the extra time off... Especially being off the entirety of Christmas for the first time in years.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

OldGit

Tank

Seriously excellent Christmas present from my son. A copy of McLaren The Art of Racing signed by Jenson Button, Fernando Alonso, Stoffel Vandoorne, Edoardo Mortara and Oliver Turvey!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

That's an awesome gift, Tank!  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 25, 2015, 11:06:04 AM
That's an awesome gift, Tank!  8)
You're not joking. He kept it in the simulator room and got each of the drivers to sign it as they came in. The book alone would have been great!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Velma

Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2015, 10:53:58 AM
Seriously excellent Christmas present from my son. A copy of McLaren The Art of Racing signed by Jenson Button, Fernando Alonso, Stoffel Vandoorne, Edoardo Mortara and Oliver Turvey!
That is a most excellent gift. What a wonderful son you have.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on December 26, 2015, 04:37:12 AM
Than you. I'm lucky I have 3 great kids. An a wonderful, and very tolerant wife! 

Tank

Sword fighting with my 2 1/2 year old grandson.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on December 27, 2015, 07:35:08 AM
Quote from: Velma on December 26, 2015, 04:37:12 AM
Than you. I'm lucky I have 3 great kids. An a wonderful, and very tolerant wife!

Actually just last night I was reflecting on the lift 'home' I got at 5am by Mrs Tank. A rare gem that one!  :)

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

I leave this cesspool of Christian fundamentalism and fly home tonight!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

It finally feels a little more like winter. We got a little snow... Not much, but at least it looks and feels a little more wintry than before.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Buddy

Quote from: Radiant on December 28, 2015, 08:07:25 PM
It finally feels a little more like winter. We got a little snow... Not much, but at least it looks and feels a little more wintry than before.

There's been a lot of weird weather from what I've heard. Indiana has skipped snow and gone straight to ice storms.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Harmonie

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 28, 2015, 08:13:47 PM
Quote from: Radiant on December 28, 2015, 08:07:25 PM

There's been a lot of weird weather from what I've heard. Indiana has skipped snow and gone straight to ice storms.

There were tornado warnings to the South of where I live Saturday. Pretty sure they got snow today.

I would hesitate to say that's as crazy as it gets where I live, though. I've literally went to bed to 82 degrees and woke up to snow on the ground the next morning.

philosoraptor

I just got notification that the bank that holds my private student loans has decided to forgive them, all $36,208.15. They've decided it's not worth trying to squeeze blood from an onion any more. Basically, my undergraduate degree is paid off. I still owe substantial federal loans, but they're much more manageable than the private loan sharks. I can't believe the threatening letters and phone calls are finally going to come to an end.  I'm still in shock, to be honest.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse