News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 12, 2015, 01:51:35 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on December 11, 2015, 11:18:43 AM
I am cheerful though that tomorrow we will meet our daughter in town to see the Oxford and Regent Street lights and listen to some carols round the tree in Trafalgar Square and I expect some drinking and eating will be involved.

Sounds wonderful.  Has it been very cold in England this month?

The day was changed to Saturday and we had a lovely time, without being rained on. We had a meal in The Crypt of St Martin in the Field after watching a flashmob of hundreds of Father Christmases in Trafalgar Square; I don't know why they were there; probably for charity. It really is mild down here, but the flooding in Cumbria has been really bad and will take years to repair.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

OldGit

E-M, I trust you used the toilet in St Martins, thus fulfilling the ancient prophecy: She crept into the crypt, crapped and crept out again.

Claireliontamer

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Magdalena

It's good to know you're home now, Claire.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 15, 2015, 10:36:47 PM
I'm back home :)
Awesome news!

I am just back from opening night of Star Wars VII. Not going to drop any spoilers other then to say it is pretty epic.
I loved it!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 16, 2015, 10:23:35 PM
Awesome news!

I am just back from opening night of Star Wars VII. Not going to drop any spoilers other then to say it is pretty epic.
I loved it!

Damn Norwegians getting movies before us.   :P
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 16, 2015, 11:20:40 PM
Awesome news!

I loved it!

Hey, you get Mythbusters episodes months before we do. This is payback!  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 17, 2015, 11:41:41 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 16, 2015, 11:20:40 PM
Awesome news!

I loved it!

Hey, you get Mythbusters episodes months before we do. This is payback!  ;D
Not for much longer they won't!
Not unless Adam get a new walrus partner.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Woah I'm out of the loop. Why would Adam need a new partner?

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 17, 2015, 01:26:39 PM

The show's ending after this season, but that's all I'd heard. Tank, you're saying Jamie's the one who decided to quit? The problem is that I believe it's also his production company.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Guardian85

Quote from: Firebird on December 17, 2015, 02:13:17 PM

The show's ending after this season, but that's all I'd heard. Tank, you're saying Jamie's the one who decided to quit? The problem is that I believe it's also his production company.
No, M5 is James Hyneman's workshop. The show itself is produced by Beyond Television for Discovery. Adam Savage works for Hyneman at M5, but there is nothing stopping him from going off with Beyond to make more stuff as long as he either quits or gets leave from M5.

-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on December 17, 2015, 02:13:17 PM

I heard that Jamie wanted to retire.