News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 10, 2015, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2015, 12:20:31 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2015, 12:11:42 AM
Oh like you didn't use your computer too. Besides, I was the designated googler.
I know!!! I should have turned the Wi-fi off!!!
Are you kidding? Megan's mother would have had an anuerysm if we hadn't continually updated her on her daughters health, happiness and...... relative safety.  ;D

Haha she would have. Of course now she's threatening to come with me next time.

Edit- my mom saw this. She told me to tell you "Bite me."
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2015, 01:33:17 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on December 10, 2015, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2015, 12:20:31 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2015, 12:11:42 AM
Oh like you didn't use your computer too. Besides, I was the designated googler.
I know!!! I should have turned the Wi-fi off!!!
Are you kidding? Megan's mother would have had an anuerysm if we hadn't continually updated her on her daughters health, happiness and...... relative safety.  ;D

Haha she would have. Of course now she's threatening to come with me next time.

Edit- my mom saw this. She told me to tell you "Bite me."
Yeah, moms love me...  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Essie Mae on December 10, 2015, 01:23:19 PM
Well I ought to be cheerful; thanks to no longer working, Christmas is all organised: cards sent; decorations up; food ordered; even spare beds made up, and I am cheerful really, but I think I actually enjoyed runing round like a demented chicken between working hours.

I know how you feel.  I've got cards left to send out and that's all.  They go in the mail Monday and after that it's 10 days of twiddling my thumbs.  I would never have believed I'd miss being rushed.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Essie Mae

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 11, 2015, 01:59:53 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on December 10, 2015, 01:23:19 PM
Well I ought to be cheerful; thanks to no longer working, Christmas is all organised: cards sent; decorations up; food ordered; even spare beds made up, and I am cheerful really, but I think I actually enjoyed runing round like a demented chicken between working hours.

I know how you feel.  I've got cards left to send out and that's all.  They go in the mail Monday and after that it's 10 days of twiddling my thumbs.  I would never have believed I'd miss being rushed.

I am cheerful though that tomorrow we will meet our daughter in town to see the Oxford and Regent Street lights and listen to some carols round the tree in Trafalgar Square and I expect some drinking and eating will be involved.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Essie Mae on December 11, 2015, 11:18:43 AM
I am cheerful though that tomorrow we will meet our daughter in town to see the Oxford and Regent Street lights and listen to some carols round the tree in Trafalgar Square and I expect some drinking and eating will be involved.

Sounds wonderful.  Has it been very cold in England this month?
Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 12, 2015, 01:51:35 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on December 11, 2015, 11:18:43 AM

Sounds wonderful.  Has it been very cold in England this month?
Not really. Wet and windy but not cold.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on December 12, 2015, 07:27:27 AM
Not really. Wet and windy but not cold.

Storm after storm after storm. The temperature has dropped this morning though and is said there may be very heavy snow oop north this weekend, doesn't feel cold enough for that yet though.
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

We had a classic El Nino roar thru here a few days back -- snow and ice in the mountains, rain and hail in the valleys and high winds and surf on the coast.  Weirdly enough, friends in New York tell me their weather has been clear and warm.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Meanwhile - in the southern hemiphere - I am melting.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 13, 2015, 11:36:37 AM
We had a classic El Nino roar thru here a few days back -- snow and ice in the mountains, rain and hail in the valleys and high winds and surf on the coast.  Weirdly enough, friends in New York tell me their weather has been clear and warm.

Heard the same from my parents. And in Boston it's in the 50s. I went running just now in a short-sleeve shirt.
Of course, last winter was mild and snow-free until the end of January.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

jumbojak

Claire is feeling much better now. :) Might even get out of the hospital soon!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on December 13, 2015, 09:35:21 PM

That's wonderful!

Guardian85

Got a few degrees below freezing and a foot of snow on the ground. Pretty cheery, actually.  :D

Good news on Claire as well. Awesome!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Firebird

Quote from: jumbojak on December 13, 2015, 09:35:21 PM

Good!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"