News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 24, 2015, 09:18:12 PM
:nu-uh:

It's a sickness.

QuoteThis one is catchier:
Let it go...let it go...
Can't hold it back anymore...
Let it go...let it go..
Turn away and slam the door...

:smilenod:

Let's put these two girls inside a "cooter shell" and let them battle it out.

I agree! Then they could come up with lyrics such as:

It's December
De-cem-ber
Let it snow
Let it snow
January comes next, didya know?
It's December
Do you remember?
Before it was the month November?
It's December
Temperatures so low...
Let it SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 24, 2015, 10:50:02 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 24, 2015, 09:18:12 PM
:nu-uh:

It's a sickness.

QuoteThis one is catchier:
Let it go...let it go...
Can't hold it back anymore...
Let it go...let it go..
Turn away and slam the door...

:smilenod:

Let's put these two girls inside a "cooter shell" and let them battle it out.

I agree! Then they could come up with lyrics such as:

It's December
De-cem-ber
Let it snow
Let it snow
January comes next, didya know?
It's December
Do you remember?
Before it was the month November?
It's December
Temperatures so low...
Let it SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

:rofl:
Excellent!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

My weekend officially starts now.   :frolic:

Tank

I wish it were a week ago.
Time flies.
:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 28, 2015, 09:24:36 PM
Time flies.

:therethere: Time flies but history can repeat itself.

Buddy

Time flies.

No kidding. Felt like one moment I was sitting in my living room waiting to Lea for Chicago and the next I'm back and unpacking
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Time flies.
Lots of this. Miss most of you.  :-\

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

As most of you know, I've been having to use a wheelchair at work due to my injured knee. A couple of times last night, the night shift pharmacy supervisor asked if I could use a push back to my department after breaks. It's a huge building, so I said yes. She took the handles, turned me in a circle, then pushed me through the building making "vrooom, vrooom" noises. It was an unexpected bit of silliness from someone quite a bit higher up the food chain.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on December 03, 2015, 05:18:30 PM
As most of you know, I've been having to use a wheelchair at work due to my injured knee. A couple of times last night, the night shift pharmacy supervisor asked if I could use a push back to my department after breaks. It's a huge building, so I said yes. She took the handles, turned me in a circle, then pushed me through the building making "vrooom, vrooom" noises. It was an unexpected bit of silliness from someone quite a bit higher up the food chain.
Still human  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on December 03, 2015, 07:14:54 PM
Quote from: Velma on December 03, 2015, 05:18:30 PM
Still human  :)
True, but those of us near the bottom of the hierarchy very rarely get to see that silly side. There is usually an attitude of wanting to keep a professional distance and demeanor while being seen as friendly and approachable. Being that silly usually doesn't happen.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on December 03, 2015, 07:36:26 PM
True, but those of us near the bottom of the hierarchy very rarely get to see that silly side. There is usually an attitude of wanting to keep a professional distance and demeanor while being seen as friendly and approachable. Being that silly usually doesn't happen.

Makes it even more enjoyable when it does.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany