News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

My husband bought me a rollalator. It is burgundy with black handles, seat, and wheel. He personalized it with some of this duct tape. It goes with the rollalator color quite nicely.

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on November 21, 2015, 05:31:25 PM
My husband bought me a rollalator. It is burgundy with black handles, seat, and wheel. He personalized it with some of this duct tape. It goes with the rollalator color quite nicely.

Super cool! 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 21, 2015, 08:25:28 PM

Super cool!
A few weeks ago, if you had told me I would be excited about a rollalator, I would have called you insane.  :)

Today I used it for a short trip to the video store. I am nowhere near ready to use it at work, but for short errands, it works well. If my knee starts hurting, the rollalator seat is pretty comfortable. 
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on November 21, 2015, 09:29:57 PM

Super cool!
A few weeks ago, if you had told me I would be excited about a rollalator, I would have called you insane.  :)

Today I used it for a short trip to the video store. I am nowhere near ready to use it at work, but for short errands, it works well. If my knee starts hurting, the rollalator seat is pretty comfortable.

Yep, takes a bit to get used to it (I still tend to hunch my shoulders while pushing it, tho I don't need to) but once I did I could have kicked myself about being so stubborn before.  At least I can get around again, don't have to avoid walking more than 10 feet at a time!  Mine has a basket under the seat as well, can't carry much in it but it'll fit my purse, camera and a few books which -- let's face it -- is pretty much all I need.
Sandy

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 21, 2015, 10:15:48 PM
Quote from: Velma on November 21, 2015, 09:29:57 PM

Super cool!

Yep, takes a bit to get used to it (I still tend to hunch my shoulders while pushing it, tho I don't need to) but once I did I could have kicked myself about being so stubborn before.  At least I can get around again, don't have to avoid walking more than 10 feet at a time!  Mine has a basket under the seat as well, can't carry much in it but it'll fit my purse, camera and a few books which -- let's face it -- is pretty much all I need.
Mine has a basket under the seat as well. I am not sure I will be able to use it at work, however.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 20, 2015, 10:30:58 AM
:jumps: Friday is a reason to be cheerful! I'm cheerful, and because I'm so cheerful I'll even listen to this this song, which is just lyrically brilliant, to celebrate the second best day of the week. Maybe more than once. Yeah.  :eyeroll:

[youtube width=600]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0[/youtube]

:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on November 21, 2015, 10:53:09 PM
Mine has a basket under the seat as well. I am not sure I will be able to use it at work, however.

There are places I still don't take mine, for one reason or other.  The biggest problem, I've found, is not being sure it'll fit every place I need to go.  Very awkward finding my roller is wider than the aisles.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 23, 2015, 09:37:54 PM
That was funny, Mags. :P

That's for you, xSilverPhinx. Thanks for ruining my Thursday, the day before Friday.  >:( You also ruined my Saturday, the day after Friday, and you ruined my Sunday, the day before Monday.
I had never heard that "song" before.  :P

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 23, 2015, 10:15:36 PM

That's for you, xSilverPhinx. Thanks for ruining my Thursday, the day before Friday.  >:( You also ruined my Saturday, the day after Friday, and you ruined my Sunday, the day before Monday.

Oh Mags, you have to appreciate the real dilemmas that girl goes through. When a car pulls up with her friends sitting in both the front and back seats she has to ask herself: which seat does she take? Also, the wisdom contained in knowing that Sunday comes after Saturday, which follows Friday. Kudos to her. :smilenod:

Now, if she were a creative problem solver she would probably ride in the boot, and when she's advanced past knowing the progression of days of the week she'll give us a little insight into which month comes before what. 

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 23, 2015, 11:26:59 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 23, 2015, 10:15:36 PM

Oh Mags, you have to appreciate the real dilemmas that girl goes through. When a car pulls up with her friends sitting in both the front and back seats she has to ask herself: which seat does she take? Also, the wisdom contained in knowing that Sunday comes after Saturday, which follows Friday. Kudos to her. :smilenod:
I think you're right.  :thoughtful:
On top of the dilemma: Which seat does she take?
Every morning she has to:
Wake up at 7:00 AM.
Gotta be fresh.
Gotta go downstairs.
Gotta have her bowl.
Gotta have cereal.
It's so hectic! No wonder she want to party, and she so excited that it's finally Friday!--The day between Thursday and Saturday.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 23, 2015, 11:26:59 PM
Now, if she were a creative problem solver she would probably ride in the boot, and when she's advanced past knowing the progression of days of the week she'll give us a little insight into which month comes before what.
I don't know what the expression ride in the boot means.  :(   But if you're saying that a creative problem solver would probably ride in the boot, then...OK.  Also, knowing which month comes before the other is not that easy, you're talking advanced preschool stuff here.  :chin:

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 23, 2015, 06:36:29 AM
Quote from: Velma on November 21, 2015, 10:53:09 PM

There are places I still don't take mine, for one reason or other.  The biggest problem, I've found, is not being sure it'll fit every place I need to go.  Very awkward finding my roller is wider than the aisles.
I've wondered about that myself. I used the rollalator when we went out to eat Sunday night. There was no question that it would have been very difficult for me to get to the back of the restaurant with it. Fortunately, they had some tables open near the front.

I'm still using the wheelchair at work. Most of the pharmacy floor is pretty open, but in the various filling areas, the space between the shelves is just barely wide enough for the wheelchair. I don't go down those aisles for fear of getting hung up. I work at a mail-order pharmacy, so drugs are filled in several different areas - very common pills are filled in one area; creams, small boxed items, and such in another; large boxed items in another; and so forth. Each area has it's own set of shelving and aisles. If I need something from an area, unless it is on the end of an aisle, I ask someone to get it for me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 24, 2015, 02:45:14 AM
I think you're right.  :thoughtful:
On top of the dilemma: Which seat does she take?
Every morning she has to:
Wake up at 7:00 AM.
Gotta be fresh.
Gotta go downstairs.
Gotta have her bowl.
Gotta have cereal.
It's so hectic! No wonder she want to party, and she so excited that it's finally Friday!--The day between Thursday and Saturday.

So very hectic.

QuoteI don't know what the expression ride in the boot means.  :(

Sorry Mags, when I learnt parts of a car in English they told us that the trunk was called 'boot', so that stuck.  :notsure: I was thinking that if she would think a little outside the box she could do plenty of thinking inside the trunk, maybe coming up with better lyrics.

QuoteAlso, knowing which month comes before the other is not that easy, you're talking advanced preschool stuff here.  :chin:

:mb lol:

Shamefully I think the tune (without the lyrics) is catchy though.  :daddance:

:couchhide:

Icarus

And the Brits think that the hood of the car is called the bonnet. When starting old time cars we used to use an auxiliary device called the choke . The Brits use the "strangler". They talk funny Mags.

Some of us talk funny too. Certain rural citizens believe that the correct identifying noun for the automobile trunk is: "cooter shell".

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 24, 2015, 07:30:52 PM

Shamefully I think the tune (without the lyrics) is catchy though.  :daddance:

:couchhide:
:nu-uh:

This one is catchier:
Let it go...let it go...
Can't hold it back anymore...
Let it go...let it go..
Turn away and slam the door...

:smilenod:

Let's put these two girls inside a "cooter shell" and let them battle it out.