News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 06, 2015, 08:44:42 PM
I made two-minute noodles without burning the house down, which is nice.

:frolic:

:grin:

:clapping:

:beer:

:let'seat:

:yum:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 07, 2015, 03:42:30 AM

:frolic:

:grin:

:clapping:

:beer:

:let'seat:

:yum:

Yes, it's quite an achievement.  :smug:

:cheers:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Just found out that Marvel's Jessica Jones gets released on Netflix November 20th so I'll have something new to watch on the plane.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

I now have 14 audiobooks on my iPod shuffle. For some reason, that makes me very happy!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

MariaEvri

now on to souffles and stuff
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MariaEvri on November 14, 2015, 07:49:26 PM

now on to souffles and stuff

:mb lol:

Too advanced, I think!

Essie Mae

I'm cheerful tonight because my daughter is back on home soil after a weekend in Paris that she will sadly never forget.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 15, 2015, 09:05:09 PM
I'm cheerful tonight because my daughter is back on home soil after a weekend in Paris that she will sadly never forget.
That must have been literally terrifying. Glade she's home safe.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Very pleased for you, Essie Mae!

MariaEvri

QuoteI'm cheerful tonight because my daughter is back on home soil after a weekend in Paris that she will sadly never forget.
glad she's ok. Must hav been an awful time there
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Essie Mae

Quote from: OldGit on November 16, 2015, 09:33:38 AM
Very pleased for you, Essie Mae!
Quote from: MariaEvri on November 16, 2015, 06:16:43 PM
QuoteI'm cheerful tonight because my daughter is back on home soil after a weekend in Paris that she will sadly never forget.
glad she's ok. Must hav been an awful time there
Quote from: Tank on November 15, 2015, 09:35:26 PM
Quote from: Essie Mae on November 15, 2015, 09:05:09 PM
That must have been literally terrifying. Glade she's home safe.

Thanks all. She was south of the river in the Montparnesse area, so was well away. They just walked and walked on Saturday, as everything was closed, and had a gourmet salad in their room in the evening. Just watching the Pnorama program wih aot more detail about what happened.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Siz

I just went to my first Humanist funeral today.

It was a chap who ran a company down the hall from us who we've been friends with for years. A really jolly fella, 68 yrs old, healthy looking and slim. Dropped dead two weeks ago without warning.

Anyway, it was a refreshing and respectful celebration including some lovely readings from family and ending with the rather upbeat music from the BBC's cricket coverage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xXbTaQlKI

I feel uplifted!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Velma

Since I hurt my knee, running errands has been difficult to say the least, so my husband has been doing what he can to help me. Yesterday I ran out of deodorant. My husband took a picture of the container with his cell phone. This morning he went shopping and came back with two sticks of my favorite deodorant. He'd used the picture to make sure he got what I wanted. Plus, he brought me back muffins for breakfast! I truly have a wonderful husband!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Icarus

Bless you and your clever and thoughtful husband Velma.  I am not smart enough to take pictures of a favored cosmetic but I do pay attention to what Elaine wants when when I shop on her behalf, which is often. She is perfectly capable of doing her own shopping but it is more economical for me to do it. She is an incurable impulse buyer.

xSilverPhinx

:jumps: Friday is a reason to be cheerful! I'm cheerful, and because I'm so cheerful I'll even listen to this this song, which is just lyrically brilliant, to celebrate the second best day of the week. Maybe more than once. Yeah.  :eyeroll:

[youtube width=600]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0[/youtube]

:snicker: