News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Tank"When I first joined on May 6th this place was interesting, but very quiet, I started out on a little quest, to liven the place up by asking lots of questions and keeping threads going as a Happy Atheist Forum is a good idea. When I first joined I would be lucky to find a hand full of new posts in the morning. Today I had twenty threads that I had looked at with additional posts. I started a thread and had 6 new threads to read as well!  :D

I really like this place.  It's active without being overbearing, and none of the "size-matters" issues that clog many other atheist pages.  It was very easy to feel comfortable here.
Agreed. I like it because I know I'm not going to have to put up with trolls and fascistic extremist theistic or atheistic members. It's all very well being told 'don't read threads you don't like' but I want to be in a place I don't have to read a thread to find out I don't like it! I'm delighted this place keeps a good cap on acceptable manners.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Tank"When I first joined on May 6th this place was interesting, but very quiet, I started out on a little quest, to liven the place up by asking lots of questions and keeping threads going as a Happy Atheist Forum is a good idea. When I first joined I would be lucky to find a hand full of new posts in the morning. Today I had twenty threads that I had looked at with additional posts. I started a thread and had 6 new threads to read as well!  :D

I really like this place.  It's active without being overbearing, and none of the "size-matters" issues that clog many other atheist pages.  It was very easy to feel comfortable here.
Agreed. I like it because I know I'm not going to have to put up with trolls and fascistic extremist theistic or atheistic members. It's all very well being told 'don't read threads you don't like' but I want to be in a place I don't have to read a thread to find out I don't like it! I'm delighted this place keeps a good cap on acceptable manners.

I'm used to less moderation, so (as some may have noticed -- I'm looking at you, McQ) I am probably a little mouthier than the oldtimers here; and I sometimes wish the banhammer didn't fall so fast.  But the crowd here is great, and it's good to get away from my usual hangout, which is pretty anarchic by comparison.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Tank

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I'm used to less moderation, so (as some may have noticed -- I'm looking at you, McQ) I am probably a little mouthier than the oldtimers here; and I sometimes wish the banhammer didn't fall so fast.  But the crowd here is great, and it's good to get away from my usual hangout, which is pretty anarchic by comparison.
There are times where I have thought, 'I wish I could ask him/her one more question.' but on reflection I'm happier that I have not got to the point of screaming aggravation before the banhammer has come down. So it horses for courses and if all forums were identical we wouldn't have the choices we do. And the posse here are a good bunch by the feel of it.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Thumpalumpacus

Yep.  I come here when I'm in a kinder, gentler mood.  I could easily be banned here were I to shoot from the lip as I do elsewhere.

The Black Jester

I agree, it's been very easy finding a place here.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

The Black Jester

Going to Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean on Tuesday for 5 DAYS!!!  WHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Probably won't be able to log on much.  Sad.  But mainly, "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

Tank

Quote from: "The Black Jester"Going to Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean on Tuesday for 5 DAYS!!!  WHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Probably won't be able to log on much.  Sad.  But mainly, "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."
Have a good time and don't forget to post some photos!

The Black Jester

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "The Black Jester"Going to Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean on Tuesday for 5 DAYS!!!  WHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Probably won't be able to log on much.  Sad.  But mainly, "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."
Have a good time and don't forget to post some photos!

I will definitely do that.  I'm normally a total non-photo taker, but this will force me to actually shoot some pics this time.  I always regret it that I don't, but I never get around to it.
The Black Jester

The Magic Pudding

The Chaser's War On Everything a satirical/comedy group, are going to cover the Aus election.
They once set up a three car motorcade with Canadian flags, and an Osama Bin Laden look alike.  
With this cunning disguise they managed to penetrate the APEC leader’s conference security.
One of the guys once offered Hilary Clinton his services as an intern, he even had his own cigar.

Businessocks

Wow.  That sounds fabulous!  And here I am, happy that we will be taking a weekend getaway with the kids in a couple of weeks to the Pittsburgh, PA aquarium and Duquesne Incline.   :yay:  :yay:

It's only part time, but that's what I was hoping for so it's not too many hours away from the kids.  I go this Wed. to file all the official paperwork, and it will start the end of Aug.  It will be a huge increase in pay from my part-time job now.
The god of the cannibals will be a cannibal, of the crusaders a crusader, and of the merchants a merchant.  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tank

Quote from: "Businessocks"

Wow.  That sounds fabulous!  And here I am, happy that we will be taking a weekend getaway with the kids in a couple of weeks to the Pittsburgh, PA aquarium and Duquesne Incline.   :yay:  :bananacolor:  :bananacolor:

Tank

Watching my two dogs tear around the garden without a care in the world  :D

Thumpalumpacus

Playing my guitar, and the music going straight to my fingers without stopping first in the frontal lobe.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Playing my guitar, and the music going straight to my fingers without stopping first in the frontal lobe.
Please don't tell Edward The Theist about this.  Please.

pinkocommie

Using a towel right out of the dryer.  Ohhhhh yeah...
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/